Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
Welcome aboard webmonkey! Thanks for sharing your experience -- lets hope the porcelain stays on the walls!
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome story, Webmonkey. If the gas problem persists ask your doc about a BiPAP, or bilevel machine.

Do you have C-Flex set at the maximum level of 3? That can help a lot with the gas, too.

Eventually you'll adjust, it takes time.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SmileMy sleep study in 2006 was 72 apneas an hour. I struggled thru the years with different machines and masks. Because of facial nerve pain, I could never get enough heat without rainout. My use was sporadic..
Then, I bought the ResMed 9 VPapS with a Climate Line. I am able to use it comfortably. In speaking with others with sleep apnea, I realized their doctors followed up and asked for reports on effectiveness. Mine doesn't. My husband was able to print out data(I'm a complete computer dummy) and I wanted to know how I was doing. We took the charts and graphs to the Dr. last visit, but he really wasn't very interested.
I'm learning a great deal thru the Apnea Board. My AHI average is 5.1 now and, yes, I feel much better. I'm going to study more and get the best results that I can--pretty much on my own, I guess.Thanks mfrey
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2014, 04:01 PM)mfrey Wrote: SmileMy sleep study in 2006 was 72 apneas an hour. I struggled thru the years with different machines and masks. Because of facial nerve pain, I could never get enough heat without rainout. My use was sporadic..
Then, I bought the ResMed 9 VPapS with a Climate Line. I am able to use it comfortably. In speaking with others with sleep apnea, I realized their doctors followed up and asked for reports on effectiveness. Mine doesn't. My husband was able to print out data(I'm a complete computer dummy) and I wanted to know how I was doing. We took the charts and graphs to the Dr. last visit, but he really wasn't very interested.
I'm learning a great deal thru the Apnea Board. My AHI average is 5.1 now and, yes, I feel much better. I'm going to study more and get the best results that I can--pretty much on my own, I guess.Thanks mfrey

Good job Mfrey. We are often our own best advocates for better control of our health. You're taking charge of yours, and at 5.1 ahi you're doing great!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good on you mfrey for taking the bull by the horns, so to speak.
Pity you haven't got a decent Doctor.
I am sure with your study and the help of the good people on Apnea Board you will have all the information you require.
Keep up the good work and good luck.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I was diagnosed with Chronic Sleep Apnea 6 months ago.After trying 6 different masks the only thing I have gotten is a negative .I have a Stage 2 Pressure Ulcer of my nose and my Dermatologist forbids me from using a mask again . I have not worn one for 4 weeks and my nose is still sore .Somebody suggested a SleepWeaver mask but a DME company owner that I know said they do not work and all his customers returned them .
I am a mouth breather and therefore my medical doctor recommended a full mask initially . I have tried a Basal cannular but I felt as though I cannot breathe .I do not know what to do.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2014, 07:37 PM)Gabby Wrote: Good on you mfrey for taking the bull by the horns, so to speak.
I am sure with your study and the help of the good people on Apnea Board you will have all the information you require.

I had the pressure sore problem also. Get your sore healed and then try the Fischer & Paskel Simplus full face mask. Have had one for eight weeks and love it. Seal is pillow soft and when properly fitted rarely leaks hardly at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2014, 04:01 PM)mfrey Wrote: SmileMy sleep study in 2006 was 72 apneas an hour. I struggled thru the years with different machines and masks. Because of facial nerve pain, I could never get enough heat without rainout. My use was sporadic..

I know how you feel, I struggled on my own for several years with a helpsul but limited primary care physician and a crappy DME. I went back to my PCP with a request for a new prescription for a different mask. His reply was to ask me whether he wanted me to write it or should he refer me to a sleep doc. I took the second option and the sleep doc told me that my major problem was my DME. We changed DME and things have been a lot better since. My advice is, if your doc is a sleep doc, fire him and get one that is more interested. If he is not a sleep doc get him to refer you to one.

Keep on being proactive with your health care and coming to this forum was a great step.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2014, 02:29 PM)brianwood619 Wrote:
(04-04-2014, 07:37 PM)Gabby Wrote: Good on you mfrey for taking the bull by the horns, so to speak.

I had the pressure sore problem also. Get your sore healed and then try the Fischer & Paskel Simplus full face mask. Have had one for eight weeks and love it. Seal is pillow soft and when properly fitted rarely leaks hardly at all.

That was one of the 6 that I tried .
Post Reply Post Reply
crap, sorry, hoped that would have worked for you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 157 8 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,624 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 188 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,835 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 172 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 549 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.