Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your ideal mask
Your ideal mask
I'm curious cause we only get really innovative mask designs in a while. What would you change about the masks we get?

I keep thinking I'd really like to see a nasal pillow mask with full-face style headgear, maybe even a clip. I'm sure the minimal style headgear is great...if it works for you. But I have to wear a chinstrap on top of it, which just takes all the fun out of the experience! Is there anything like that out there?

edit: Now that I do some searching, there are quite a few masks like that. I just wish I could combine that style of headgear with the P10 style pillows and exhale port!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your ideal mask
I like the P10 except I'd like to see it with a still small, but adjustable headband. I'm currently on a campaign trying to find a decent minimal chinstrap. Thrown away several so far.

By the way Tim, I recommend wearing the P10 on top of your chinstrap, not underneath it. That'll help with leaks, and make it much easier to gitty up go in the middle of the night.

Post Reply Post Reply
A Nuance with the vent diffuser of the P10.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
As for the question: Your ideal mask
Activa LT nasal mask is my ideal mask
I've searched the globe and could not find a better one
Evey one is different ... one man's trash is another man's treasure Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2014, 03:22 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I like the P10 except I'd like to see it with a still small, but adjustable headband. I'm currently on a campaign trying to find a decent minimal chinstrap. Thrown away several so far.

By the way Tim, I recommend wearing the P10 on top of your chinstrap, not underneath it. That'll help with leaks, and make it much easier to gitty up go in the middle of the night.

That's interesting. I've never tried chinstrap under mask at all, because I assumed the chinstrap over mask would be better for leaks. I'll give the other way a try tonight if I remember (I won't remember -- but I will eventually do this).
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried it several times with the chin strap over the Nuance and it didn't work. I just could not get it to fit right.

Masks, nearly all of them, are designed to float on the face. I think the chin strap interferes with the mask's straps and won't let it do that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know what kind of headgear your mask has but I like the wisp and the headgear. I had to start out with a chin strap when I went to a nasal mask but after a month or so, I don't need it anymore and my leaks are under control (usually 12 or under) as well as my AHI (always under 5 and usually under 1).
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish the Swift FX came with a diffuser for it's exhalation port. While I love the exhaust venting on the P10, I don't like the fact that the pillow base on the P10 is rigid; I much prefer the totally soft pillows of the FX. I like the headgear of both the FX or the P10, but wish that the P10's had some kind of adjustment.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
retired_guy, I actually remembered to do this. It seemed to help in that my leaks were less catastrophic than they can be -- seems the median was much lower than they usually are. Will try it a few more nights and see if that holds. Thanks for the tip.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Tim,

Leaks don't have to be perfect, just below that magic line thingy most of the time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Question on Polysomnograms and Ideal Therapy cmpman1974 6 514 02-14-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  What would an ideal APAP/CPAP machine be? What features etc? sndraco 17 1,599 04-05-2022, 07:40 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,751 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Ideal room temperature deocder 7 1,341 08-12-2020, 02:41 PM
Last Post: deocder
  [Pressure] Can anybody suggest the ideal Minimun Pressure. JOSE JOAQUIN ROSALES 3 776 08-04-2020, 01:21 PM
Last Post: JOSE JOAQUIN ROSALES

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.