Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your ideal mask
RE: Your ideal mask
Yeah. Mine tend to be good but become bad as the mask wears out. That's normal but I really don't feel like I get enough mileage out of these P10 pillows, I have to replace them much more often than Swift FX ones. Hopefully this will help them go farther.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your ideal mask
A better exhaust vent would be a big plus. They could be quieter and also produce a more diffuse air stream to prevent the problem of blowing air on your partner. Either some sort of fabric diffuser, or maybe something like a hose that attaches to the output of the exhaust port and then attaches to the main hose to have the air leak out away from the face. You could even have something like a leaky hose with holes so that the air leaks out of a large number of places and doesn't produce a large air stream at any one point.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2014, 03:36 PM)archangle Wrote: A better exhaust vent would be a big plus. They could be quieter and also produce a more diffuse air stream to prevent the problem of blowing air on your partner. Either some sort of fabric diffuser, or maybe something like a hose that attaches to the output of the exhaust port and then attaches to the main hose to have the air leak out away from the face. You could even have something like a leaky hose with holes so that the air leaks out of a large number of places and doesn't produce a large air stream at any one point.
No need to get so elaborate. The diffuser on my hubby's Eson nasal mask is small and elegant and WORKS.

Essentially it's nothing but a small filter that fits into the mask on the exhaust vent. The filter is supposed to be replaced once a month or so. And it can be washed as well.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2014, 04:26 PM)robysue Wrote: No need to get so elaborate. The diffuser on my hubby's Eson nasal mask is small and elegant and WORKS.

Essentially it's nothing but a small filter that fits into the mask on the exhaust vent. The filter is supposed to be replaced once a month or so. And it can be washed as well.

Yes, that sort of thing works. I suspect one could roll their own on most masks by wrapping a piece of T-shirt material around the vent.

I was trying to figure out something that didn't require consumables or cleaning problems. I suspect the manufacturers could do a lot better job if they wanted to.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2014, 03:22 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I'm currently on a campaign trying to find a decent minimal chinstrap.
I'm using the CareFusion PureSom Ultra Chinstrap under the Simplus harness and find it to be about as minimal as it gets. Suprisingly, it stays in place.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2014, 06:49 AM)JimZZZ Wrote:
(07-18-2014, 03:22 PM)retired_guy Wrote: I'm currently on a campaign trying to find a decent minimal chinstrap.
I'm using the CareFusion PureSom Ultra Chinstrap under the Simplus harness and find it to be about as minimal as it gets. Suprisingly, it stays in place.

I'll try one of these. Thanks Jim.

Post Reply Post Reply

I received this chinstrap yesterday and tried it last night. I like it a lot. It is much simpler in design, lighter, and cooler than the Ruby, and does it's job nicely. Good call JimZZZ.

p.s. I use it under my P10 mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Everyone,

I must be quite strange because I tried the Airfit P10 and got high leaks and it wasn't that comfortable. Admittedly, I only tried the medium. Maybe I have a strange head?

I tried the Airfit N10 and it was immediately better. Once I worked out that the Velcro wasn't long enough to tighten the lower magnetic clips for a proper fit, I simply attached it further to the rear of my face (not in line with where it's designed to be secured) and it's perfect. It's compact, doesn't leak and I don't feel smothered. I kind of wish the F10 worked better because I used to suffer from hay fever and am dreading a return which will make the nasal mask useless.

On a side note, has anyone noticed that they're not getting colds in winter? My whole family has been sick, gotten over it and reinfected each other again but I'm fine. I've been on treatment for 5 weeks now and I'm usually the first to get sick. Maybe it's the heated air and hose?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2014, 11:49 PM)retired_guy Wrote:

I received this chinstrap yesterday and tried it last night. I like it a lot. It is much simpler in design, lighter, and cooler than the Ruby, and does it's job nicely. Good call JimZZZ.

p.s. I use it under my P10 mask.
That's great! Thanks for letting me know. Now I feel wise. oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Robysue. I'd love to see the Swift FX with the P10 vent diffuser. That would be my ideal mask.
(07-27-2014, 06:54 AM)TheBigUnit Wrote: On a side note, has anyone noticed that they're not getting colds in winter? My whole family has been sick, gotten over it and reinfected each other again but I'm fine. I've been on treatment for 5 weeks now and I'm usually the first to get sick. Maybe it's the heated air and hose?

When you are under stress (e.g., you don't get good sleep because of sleep apnea), your immune system is compromised. It doesn't surprise me at all that you have better immune function now than before treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,533 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Question on Polysomnograms and Ideal Therapy cmpman1974 6 515 02-14-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,222 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  What would an ideal APAP/CPAP machine be? What features etc? sndraco 17 1,605 04-05-2022, 07:40 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,758 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Ideal room temperature deocder 7 1,343 08-12-2020, 02:41 PM
Last Post: deocder
  [Pressure] Can anybody suggest the ideal Minimun Pressure. JOSE JOAQUIN ROSALES 3 777 08-04-2020, 01:21 PM
Last Post: JOSE JOAQUIN ROSALES

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.