Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S1 461 hack to reset 30 day limit - rumour?
S1 461 hack to reset 30 day limit - rumour?
Greetings!

I've got a Respironics S1 Pro with C-Flex +. Good machine, and the data logging ability is nice. As an example, my sleep study came back with a pressure of 7 cm. However, at that pressure, my VS score is over 30. AHI is down to 3.1, from the 57 that it's at when not treated.

Anyway, I figured I'd give the Auto-trial a shot for 3 days, and indeed, my 90% pressure is at 10, with the average at 8.3. That leaves me with 27 days left for Auto trial.

Now, on another board, I read that the Auto trial length can be reset by resetting the machine - specifically, resetting the blower time back to zero.

What comments would folks have on this maneuver?

Fluke...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: S1 461 hack to reset 30 day limit - rumour?
Machine hours as in total life hours of the machine cannot be reset or changed.
Therapy hours can be reset to zero. This essentially wipes out any prior usage data that is stored on the machine. Not something a person wants to do if maybe needing to satisfy insurance requirements.
Reset to zero is offered in the clinical menu part of the "therapy" section on the machine. Same area where the AHI averages are seen but one has to access the clinical menu part of that area.
Reset to zero will restart the 30 day auto trial because the machine won't have any prior data stored to affect the time limitations on the auto trial feature. It thinks it is a new machine with all new parameters. Doing this every 30 days would effectively give someone indefinite APAP use.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2012, 12:11 PM)fluke Wrote: Anyway, I figured I'd give the Auto-trial a shot for 3 days, and indeed, my 90% pressure is at 10, with the average at 8.3. That leaves me with 27 days left for Auto trial.
Fluke...

Can't answer your main question BUT, 3 days is not long enough to try to see if a pressure setting, even on a wide open APAP, is the right pressure. You need about two weeks worth of data before you see a trend.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, that makes sense re: the reset. Not a problem in my case, as the powers that be were satisfied years ago on my use of the machine.

Yes, 3 days is short and is being used as an indicator - something to discuss with the doc during the next appointment.

fluke
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi fluke, WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2012, 08:36 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi fluke, WELCOME! to the forum.!

Thanks, glad to be here!

fluke
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 145 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  What is that spike in Flow limit? urachan 7 508 03-16-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: urachan
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 273 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 327 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 679 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
  Bleep Eclipse Hack BKeeper 12 983 02-21-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 196 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.