Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your pillow could be killing you
RE: Your pillow could be killing you
(10-03-2014, 07:24 PM)Galactus Wrote: I'm almost ready to replace my pillow and just can't decide what to get.

Thanks again though for the info.

So get a rock. But instead of crawling under it, sleep on top of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2014, 07:33 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 07:24 PM)Galactus Wrote: I'm almost ready to replace my pillow and just can't decide what to get.

Thanks again though for the info.

So get a rock. But instead of crawling under it, sleep on top of it.

I'm gonna get a rock, actually a bunch of rocks, put them in my pillow case, drive over to your house, and then see if I can kill you with my pillow, as this thread suggests Dielaughing
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a buckwheat hull pillow and like it very much. I got my husband Samm one when I found out he was sneakin' naps on mine, )Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as pillow talk goes I will give my 2 cents worth being a newbie in the present of more experienced Cpaper's (is that even a word?). I have been using a PR APAP Auto for a week now and getting around a AHI of just over 6.8. Had a couple of rough nights with mask leaks and mask pressing on face in pillow ( I'm a side sleeper).
The wife wanted to replace her contoured pillow and I went along for the shopping trip (getting me shopping is usually like pulling teeth to me, but must have be serendipity) anyhow I also got a new latex contoured pillow ( ones with a high and low side) to replace my very thin & old (faithful) pillow.
Tried it for a couple of nights with thin edge and sleep was no better than using old faithful maybe worse with mask pressing into pillow, then wife suggest using high side under neck, well the change was biblical.
Last night a AHI of 2.6 and the mask rested in the contour and did not move or disturb me all night hardly a leak when the pressure ramped up to 11.
Had to be the best sleep in 12 years, so maybe my old faithful pillow was trying to kill me.

Breathe easy one and all.
Post Reply Post Reply
You anytime there are biblical changes one expects fire and brimstone, and people turning to salt. At the very least lions and tigers and bears oh my. But seriously post a picture of that pillow I for one would like to see it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2014, 07:08 PM)Galactus Wrote: You anytime there are biblical changes one expects fire and brimstone, and people turning to salt. At the very least lions and tigers and bears oh my. But seriously post a picture of that pillow I for one would like to see it.

Well the bear has stopped growling.
Here is the pillow, by the way that's not me in photo.

Post Reply Post Reply
I got hold of a buckwheat hull pillow and I am trying it out at the moment. The jury is still out but it is very firm I must say.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2014, 03:53 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Galactus asked for info on "my pillow" so here goes nothing. My pillow is stuffed with small clods of what I think is a closed cell foam. You can form and shape it but, as is normal for me, it does not hold its shape through the night. The pillow does seem to breathe fairly well which for me is very good since shape memory pillows make my head hot and sweaty. The manufacturer advises to use pillow cases of less than 500 thread count. I think that this is so that the pillow breathes better. The "my pillow" comes in different densities of fill to accomodate different people and different sleeping attitudes. I find it one of the better pillows that I have used including the buckwheat pillow that I used for a while 8-10 years ago.

Serta makes a similar pillow with their own fill that I like better. I use one of the Serta pillows at a different location.

For what it's worth.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I did a 'Google' search for the MyPillow and after reading the information presented there that their pillow is a dream come true. However in my humble opinion, things that sound too good to be true sometimes are just that - 'too good to be true'.

What is the comparable 'Serta' pillow called? Does it have a special name?

The memory foam pillows that both my husband and I bought when we got our new bed has two sides. One is reported to be the 'cool' side and the other the 'warm' side. One thing I don't like about the pillow is that you cannot pummel it or adjust it to suit yourself. I had a feather pillow for years, probably long past its "lifetime" and I loved adjusting it to suit me. I still wish I had kept looking for one like it. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
As near as I can tell from Serta's website, the pillow is called the iComfort Scrunch pillow. I think that is the same one that I bought. I do not have the pillows at hand to look at. You can beat it into the shape that you want. Comes in one midway size as far as I can tell. I can't bring up the description on the website. It keeps taking me to an overview of 4 other pillows. I think that it is cheaper now than when I bought one. Current price on their website is $39.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2014, 02:22 AM)Liteceeper Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 07:08 PM)Galactus Wrote: You anytime there are biblical changes one expects fire and brimstone, and people turning to salt. At the very least lions and tigers and bears oh my. But seriously post a picture of that pillow I for one would like to see it.

Well the bear has stopped growling.
Here is the pillow, by the way that's not me in photo.

Thanks for the picture. I've seen that pillow before, it looked uncomfortable, but it is hard to tell from just seeing it. So you like it? Maybe I'll try one of those and see if they feel better.

I just love my down pillows, so I'm not sure, but I feel like the time has come to change pillows.

Boy are you lucky that is not you in the picture! I was going to ask why you weren't wearing your mask, and why your profile said male. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 87 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,862 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 341 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.