Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your thoughts on DME choice?
RE: Your thoughts on DME choice?
The only thing I will add to your good judgement is that the Resmed Autoset I suggested will result in an amazing difference in how you feel and the flexibility of therapy. You can see by my profile that I live in Murrysville PA where the Philips Respironics machines are designed and built. As much as I would love to pitch for the home-team, I can't. The new Resmed Autoset (Airsense 10) is just an amazing device with capability to provide up to 3-cm of bilevel therapy. it wold be interesting to see data off your current machine, but the newer Resmed machine is just a very comfortable experience for those of us that prefer using therapy over suffering without it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would happy to provide data off my current machine but I have no idea how to access it.  When I went to pulmonologist a month ago, the front desk person asked for my chip which I gave her.  She downloaded the info and gave it the doctor.  I may be wrong in what I am about to say, but I think when I asked the doctor what it showed, he minimized what it showed and said it simply showed I am using it regularly and that is all it showed.  Does  that sounds strange?  Like so many of these doctors, he always seems rushed and said I was doing fine and continue to do what I am doing.  Interestingly the "sleep doctor" I had met socially who lived in a different state as me told me most all pulmonolgists allot 15 minutes per patient and it all about the volume seen.  Supposedly the "sleep doctor" spends an immense amount of time with each patient.  That is what he said and his wife--his office person- affirmed.  In fact, this sleep doctor said he was kicked out of a pulmonology group for taking too much time with patients and started his own practice after having been a PCP for many, many years.
Post Reply Post Reply
Download the free OSCAR program. Upload the data from the SD card (you need a SD card reader which may be built into your computer or cost less than $10 on Amazon, and follow the directions in my signature for organizing and attaching images. You have no idea what you have at your fingertips. Start here https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
just a side note.  I think that the medicare denial was a result of your doctors' notes.  not because of sleep study results.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,756 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,516 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,577 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 834 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing
  Airmini mask choice Jennj99738 5 728 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: Smoothmakir
  Thoughts on my data (after double jaw surgery) accetableplaintain 2 420 11-27-2023, 06:30 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 404 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.