Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your thoughts on my sleep data?
Your thoughts on my sleep data?
I wear a couple of sleep devices and they all say I'm getting very little deep sleep and I must say I do not feel great even when I get a full night sleep like last night. But I didn't wake up with horrible headaches either so I've seen worse. But any thoughts on how I can get less interference from events and near events in my sleep would be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your thoughts on my sleep data?
The rest of the data:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Please include the left sidebar which includes valuable info. What is your EPR set at? Your Flow limits are off-the-chart and need to be addressed.
SEt your mode to standard (not for her mode) and see if that helps. and set your min pressure =9. Expect to work this higher. You may need a BiLevel (VAuto)
Post Reply Post Reply
When you use the F12 button to get a screenshot is formats it so we can see everything. You also need to go to view and pick charts and then standard to put the charts we need easily available.

I would say your flow limits are the main problem. We control flow limits with EPR but your data shows EPR 3 full time. Is that correct?? We can see it in the far left column on the daily charts but is not on yours. (Again F12 for screenshot)

If not set EPR full time at 3. Also I would suggest you turn off the ramp. No therapy is delivered during ramp.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I am just getting my sleep under control, but your leak rate seems a bit high.  I would try to get that under control to see if that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes my ERP is set at 3 and I need the ramp time to acclimate to tolerate the cpap. My flow limits have always been that way unfortunately. Most people think it’s a misprint when I post the data. Unfortunately I’ve never heard of anything I can do that addresses them. I own a bilevel and will transition back to that in a few days. But in the past the bilevel machine did not make them much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your data shows obvious flow limitations and associated RERAs. 

The flow limitations appear to only be present at specific times indicating that they are related with a partially obstructed airway. In my opinion you have two options to try to improve them.

1) Higher pressure . One thing to note about Resmed algorithm is that it fairly aggressively increases pressure to 12 cm in response to flow limitations then has a much slower response. This is why your pressure is spending most of its time at/near this level. Unfortunately this pressure doesn't appear to be capable of stopping the obstruction/flow limitation from occurring and when they do occur the increasing pressure isn't stopping them, it is just continuing until you have a RERA. Trying a higher minimum pressure is the only option that might help avoid the issue and you could start with min 12 cm to see if it helps at all. 

2) If you don't think higher pressure is an option (you already claim ramp is necessary) then it would be interesting to see if a soft cervical collar would provide any assistance in avoiding these periods of flow limitation . You do have some leaks that coincide with some of these periods and it is possible that your chin falling down/back is a contributing factor and a collar may help keep airway stable and open . I have been wearing a hard cervical collar due to fractured neck and was surprised to see that if had an influence on my data even though I don't have obvious issues like this so I am interested to see if it can have a positive effect in cases like this. 

The next option already proposed is a bilevel which you say you already have. With a bilevel the goal isn't to avoid/stop the restriction but rather to use higher PS to force more air through the restriction. This may help but the high PS may also cause discomfort/issues when these restrictions are not present. Trying to figure out a way to avoid these restrictions would be the preferable method. 

Some simple things that could also have an effect are making sure you are using a thin pillow and sleeping in an orientation where airway stays in a straight open orientation. Trying to sleep on side might help as well if these issues only occur when sleeping on back. A lot of these ideas along with the cervical collar comes from treating what has been dubbed positional apnea which is when apnea is caused from poor positions causing kinking/restriction of neck/airway. In your case you don't appear to have an apnea issue but could be having partial obstruction and restriction for the same reasons.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are bilevel machines and there are good bilevel machines. Which model do you have now? If the bilevel you have isn't offering much better therapy than the AutoSet For Her, it may need set up better. What settings were typically used on the bilevel?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Resmed air curve 10 vauto. I was using the ERP at 6 with the pressure set at 9 minimum and 18 maximum.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you meant PS/pressure support at 6, that's probably too high. You'd need to include an OSCAR shot to be sure, after you have a night's sleep data.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,742 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 620 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,505 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  Oscar Data Attached - New User - Can't Sleep! kevinmallard 7 572 12-22-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.