Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your thoughts on my sleep data?
RE: Your thoughts on my sleep data?
If you look at it solely based on the structure of my nose and chronic congestion, I think the surgery is an easy yes. But obviously the surgery is not without risk and the recovery, depending on who you ask, is pretty unpleasant. I imagine I'll be sleeping upright in a chair afterwards. I did that after the vivair procedure and that was some of the worst sleep I've ever had. But maybe the short term misery would be worth the longterm gain. I just fear that I will go through all of it and not feel much better afterwards. I've read about people who had that experience and it worries me. I guess that is my primary concern.
Post Reply Post Reply
The most dramatic change with higher PS was the shorter inspiration time. That means all night long, you used a lot less effort to get the air you need. That is going to add up. I'll just say you are now in the realm of normal inspiration/expiration time ratio. Whether you eventually choose surgery is yet to be seen, but this shows you have a shot at getting good restful sleep. Be patient, we can't call one night a trend or a cure, but you're a lot closer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My aircurve 10 machine also has the same issue with time as my auto set for her machine. It started over again at noon today so I lost most of the data, but I do have 2 hours of data. I'll go back and read my prior thread so I can fix that today. 

The only change I made was to increase the minimum EPAP from 12.0 to 12.4. It looks like I had more flow limits. Don't know if that was due to air leaks though. I'm not that good at reading the charts yet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Machine only records till noon then it splits the data and applies it to the next day.

My guess is differences in data is due to daily fluctuation rather than changing min EPAP from 12 to 12.4 which is a fairly negligible change. I would be focusing on PS instead of EPAP. Previous APAP use has already addressed EPAP quite significantly and had minimal effect whereas the increased PS appeared to cause a noticeable improvement.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,756 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
Question [CPAP] Sleep Data - removing mask in sleep James87 10 621 01-04-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: James87
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,516 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  Oscar Data Attached - New User - Can't Sleep! kevinmallard 7 574 12-22-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.