Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your thoughts?
Your thoughts?
Hi everyone! I'm using a ResMed 10 Autoset with the N30i nasal mask and I am thrilled with the results! Is there anything obvious that I need to change or should I continue to be happy with these kind of results?    

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your thoughts?
It looks pretty good as is. How does the therapy feel?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic! Sometimes it gets weird with seasonal allergies but that shall pass soon!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leak rate is not high enough to be a problem with your therapy, but it might be disturbing your sleep. Have you tried a chin strap, soft cervical collar, or a full face mask?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would like to see your flow limits chart. Pressure goes up when there are flow limits. Your pressures go up but no O or H events show up most of the time. So I suspect you have flow limits we may be able to reduce
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the same 3 nights showing my Flow Limits!

I have the EPR set to 1cmH20
Post Reply Post Reply
wow very nice reports! I am so jealous Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
For seasonal allergies, I have found keeping some Flonase (generic fluticasone propionate) works well without adverse effects or rebound. I'm reluctant to mess with near perfection, but do give EPR 2 and 3 a try to see if it feels a bit better. Go for the one that feels best, however it will reduce your flow limitations, currently at a 95% of 0.11. If you can get that to .06 or less I think you will notice a positive difference. We have some wikis on flow limitation that explain how EPR works to reduce those. Great to see your easy and effective transition to CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On all three nights you do have a lot of flow limits.  Some people it really does bother some not so much.  I would try EPR 2 and see if it is better for you.  If you do NOT get many more central after a couple days - try EPR 3.

Again these are apnea they just are smaller and are not timed - you can see how each type of apnea is categorized in my signature at the bottom of the page.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, it doesn't hurt to try making it better. Give increased EPR a go and see how flow limits respond. Tell us if it changed how you feel, positive or negative.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,748 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,508 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,568 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 832 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing
  Thoughts on my data (after double jaw surgery) accetableplaintain 2 420 11-27-2023, 06:30 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 402 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Anyone seen it/tried it? Thoughts. David Clark 6 733 06-16-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.