Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your thoughts?
RE: Your thoughts?
My thought process on this is that with EPR on 2 it might reduce the pressure to 9 when I exhale which I was afraid would have been too low for effective therapy! Please excuse me for being so naive and any help understanding or some insight to why that thinking is wrong will be greatly appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
See your flow rate chart as it approaches 2320? how it narrows and then pressure jumps. No indication on the FL chart. Thjat narrow area is also ver "grassy". If you could post a couple of 3-minye zoomed charts of that area I suspect we will see significant flow limits there. I suspect positional/chin tucking but let's see what it looks like first.
Again your numbers are awesome so I don't want to change things that don't need to be changed. The higher EPR mentioned above could help but we will have a better idea when we see the detailed charts.
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for!
Post Reply Post Reply
Need to see the Flow rate to evaluate the breath form
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry... trying again!

Post Reply Post Reply
Joe, the a couple considerations why increased EPR will work without compromising therapy. You don't have obstructive events, so the EPAP or exhale pressure won't significantly compromise your efficacy, however increasing pressure support (the difference between inhale and exhale pressure) will mitigate the flow restriction that is causing the flow limits, and will make respiration easier. Secondly, the flow limits are what drives your current pressure increases. Pressure is only increasing by 1-cm from your minimum, so you can afford to increase EPR and it should have absolutely no impact on events, and is likely to improve how you feel. I have only reviewed a few thousand charts and members here, so you are free to draw your own conclusions, but I have very high-confidence you are going to benefit from increased EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m sorry if I gave you the impression that I don’t trust your judgement! I am just learning and want to try to totally understand how all this works! With that said I do understand what you are saying and it makes a lot of sense to me! The reason I came here is because I knew there were many people more knowledgeable then me here! I will absolutely take your advice and try adjusting my EPR to see if it helps! I have no doubt you are correct and I trust your expertise and experience! Thank you for your time and for all your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
No judgement, I was just trying to say that we have seen this before. Your results from self-titration are beyond excellent, especially with your satisfaction of how therapy has benefited you. It's actually harder to mess with success like yours. I think if you give more EPR a fair chance you will appreciate the difference. The beautiful thing about this is you can always revert to previous settings if you decide they are better. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, thank you so much! You are appreciated! A little history! I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea 20 years ago and knew nothing! For the last 3 years I’ve used a DreamStation blindly, literally putting the mask on my face and hoping for the best! After the recall in June I got a ResMed10 and really wanted to learn what was going on! I have a doctor that isn’t really interested in tweaking my therapy! He keeps saying as long as my AHI is under 5 it’s okay! Not willing to accept that I decided it was time to become responsible for myself! I learned a bit about OSCAR and made minor tweaks for myself! The result is that all of my nights are now under an AHI of 1.0 and some at 0.0 This is a direct result of taking the time to learn and putting what I am learning into play! Just like tonight I learned something new about EPR and how it might benefit me! It’s always better to have control and to take advice from experts!
Post Reply Post Reply
The good thing for you is here on Apnea Board we're all for self advocacy, self Titration of your PAP. You will know the direction your therapy is going via how things feel and viewing OSCAR data. It takes a bit of time, but for most it's a short trip to knowing the correlation of how you're feeling with data to back it up.

EPR or other settings are pretty easy to edit, and you'll most likely find out pretty fast either yes it was a good move or no this is worse. The best thing is all is if you need to edit something, you just reach over and turn the dial a click or two. Much better than checking with doc for permission to edit x or y, with probably another test to help convince Dr. Dolittle, then more time for him to scribble the script. Oh then even more time for the DME to study up on how to edit your settings, and actually do them.

By the time you do it yourself, you could take a coffee break while planning a long weekend vacation long before doc decides to allow EPR or whatever.

Sure you knew this, but figured I'd remind you. Have a coffee.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are your thoughts on dental Daytime Nightime Appliances (DNA)? NoddingHacker 13 2,739 01-24-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Msevcsisin
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,499 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  some thoughts after a few weeks? ifsmithy 39 1,556 12-21-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 2 830 12-17-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: stargazing
  Thoughts on my data (after double jaw surgery) accetableplaintain 2 417 11-27-2023, 06:30 AM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  New mask, thoughts on my sleep data? SleepyMcDonald 1 400 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Anyone seen it/tried it? Thoughts. David Clark 6 732 06-16-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.