Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Yup...it's now just a matter of time.
RE: Yup...it's now just a matter of time.
"Just for the record, I didn't mean to imply that all sleep centers are crooked or have their own best interests at heart."

You really just made an off hand comment and I sort of jumped all over it. Sorry too if I over reacted. I was really addressing this country's mood of distrusting everything, especially medicine. Sure, there are issues galore. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2021, 12:21 PM)hegel Wrote: "Just for the record, I didn't mean to imply that all sleep centers are crooked or have their own best interests at heart."

You really just made an off hand comment and I sort of jumped all over it. Sorry too if I over reacted. I was really addressing this country's mood of distrusting everything, especially medicine. Sure, there are issues galore. 

My mother (rest her soul) was an RN for all of her adult life. I have the utmost respect for the health-care industry. I've worked alongside many. 

There isn't a career or profession on the face of this planet that is 100% free of graft and/or corruption. 

I feel that my sleep center was a good one. They treated me fine and made it as easy as possible to get my CPAP machine and supplies. I just don't feel as if I'm as bad off as they seemed to imply. 

Anyways, no apologies necessary and we're all good to go.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope you'll think of us back here on the farm once you have sprouted you wings. And, stop back by to say hi, and update your thread. Your successes will also be available to others that seem to share similar traits.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
This sorta reminds me of Escape From Alcatraz...or wait, Cool Hand Luke, when he sent postcards back to prison.
Post Reply Post Reply
"I hope you'll think of us back here on the farm once you have sprouted you wings."

Wait, what?

He's going to die now?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just making a guess, those wings will look a lot like a bike.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2021, 04:23 PM)hegel Wrote: This sorta reminds me of Escape From Alcatraz...or wait, Cool Hand Luke, when he sent postcards back to prison.

Yeah but....I don't like the ending to Cool Hand Luke.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Addendum to my previous post: of course, for me, cpap has busted me out of the jail of sleep deprivation. I don't find it constraining, jsut the opposite. Despite the apparatus and the leaks!
Post Reply Post Reply
hegel I think that the whole medical treatment thing is flawed.
Look at how many people quit right at the start.
Look at how many people have issues and quit.

Dave
Toronto

edit:

I just watched a "Lanky Lefty" video on youtube. He explains what happens when people use full face masks. He suggests using soft cervical collar to solve mouth breathing issues. He shows that the jaw drops down and back when people lie on their backs to sleep. On some people this closes off their air ways.

A member suggested I do this when I was looking for help. I used my Dr Dakota pad. It's old and worn. I rigged the strap and used it with my N20 mask. It solved my leak problems.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2021, 12:00 PM)Superstar Wrote: It really saddens me to see people say that healthcare workers are only in it for the money. I spent 45 years working in hospitals first as an 
RN and then as a healthcare attorney. With few exceptions the doctors, nurses, techs... that I knew well were not "in it for the money."  
There were two ladies who worked in our finance department who drove many miles down a dirt road and waded through a damn creek to get papers to a poor family to sign so they could get financial help! They got nothing out of this but wet feet.   Doctors and nurses went above and beyond to care for patients, many times to their own detriment.  Yes there will always be rotten apples in the barrel, but for anyone to believe that all the apples are rotten is a sad way to live. 

Just my humble opinion.

Yes ma'am, I fully understand that there are indeed many good folks with good hearts & intentions employed in the medical 'industry'...but in my own defense of comments made...

In the year 2020, the whole medical field in general took in 2 TRILLION plus dollars in the USA.  2 times one thousand billion. How many billions does it take before enough is enough? 

In my own case... 3 years ago, I had an 'out patient' surgery at a local hospital to remove a kidney stone , they billed my insurance company $23,700.00.  Plus a few hundred they billed me for co-pay.  I was actually only 'in' there for less than 9 hours.  The 'recovery room' charge alone I noted was $8,000 and change...for maybe 30 or 40 minutes of someone watching me sleep off the anesthesia.  if you look at the 'hourly rate', we're talking over $2,600.00 per hour, for the care I received.... Does this seem right to you?  Or does it seem to be just total greed...they charge what they do, because they can....   

FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 201 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,214 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.