Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Compliance question
Compliance question

My machine will be bought and paid for in June '16. Does anyone know if that is the end of being concerned with the compliance end of things (4 hours per night, etc).?

I'm wondering if this data still comes into play as the insurer is asked to pay for continued parts re-supply and potentially a new machine one day.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

DME = Apria
Insurance = Anthem
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Compliance question
My insurance only monitored compliance during the initial 90-day "trial" period, when I was renting the equipment. Once I passed that time, I paid my 10% for the machine and now own it outright. Compliance is not monitored for replacement parts or supplies.

Now, that does NOT mean your insurance company has the same policy, so the best way to determine their compliance policy is to contact them directly and ask them. Your supplier might also have that information, since they already ran your insurance and are likely familiar with the policy, but still, the best information will come directly from your insurance company.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Compliance question
Thanks, Poss
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 431 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  compliance question singergal67 7 642 06-10-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: singergal67
  Vacation - CPAP compliance was amazing, now home and I'm struggling again Muhlyssa 3 506 05-26-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Muhlyssa
  Medicare Compliance Question plakky 9 1,479 03-03-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  out of compliance because of not getting much sleep narual 5 596 02-17-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.