Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Z1/Z2 [reporting software]
Z1/Z2 [reporting software]
Do you think that it could be possible to import from Z1 / Z2 cpap-machine data to Oscar? If not, is there manufacturers own service or app to display data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Z1/Z2
This is the OSCAR development forum. What are you looking to accomplish? This I believe would be more applicable in the software support forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2019, 02:18 PM)unidee Wrote: If not, is there manufacturers own service or app to display data?

Yes, there is already manufacturer-provided software for both the HDM Z1 & Z2 machines.

See this thread for more info on how to obtain the software for free:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-HDM-Z1-Z2

Please note:  HDM's software will only run on Windows PCs.

~ Thread moved to Software Support Forum ~
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2019, 03:47 PM)bonjour Wrote: This is the OSCAR development forum.  What are you looking to accomplish?  This I believe would be more applicable in the software support forum.

One finnish guy asked if there are software to display Z1 / Z2 sleeping data. I don't know, so I asked here if Oscar could be able to do that. Now he is planning to make own app which uses BlueTooth. He asked for API documentation about Z1 / Z2. I can now send him the message where is software to Z1 / Z2.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Z1/Z2 [reporting software]
Waking up an old post..

Did anyone finally manage to import HDM Z1/Z2 data to Oscar (or to any other useful software)?

I work in the IT field, but not a developer. I have done the following analysis and hope it will be helpful to @Gideon and team to include HDM Z2 into the supported devices list of Oscar.

The 'HDM DataViewer' software imports data from the device to an SQLite DB file in the computer. I managed open the DB to see 15 tables, which holds the 'events' data.
How could I help the community?

-sleepypapy
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR does not currently support the Z1/Z2. I don't know if we have looked into that before, but those small travel machines are not always the best sleep therapy machines.

We would need first to determine whether the HDM Z1/Z2 records the kind of fine resolution data that makes OSCAR so useful in managing a user's CPAP therapy. I looked at the user manual for the HDM DataViewer and am not hopeful but perhaps the manual doesn't show all possibilities. If the machine reports only summary data, I don't think it would be worth the effort to import the data into OSCAR just for display purposes.

I would like to look at the database to determine what kind of data is present and whether OSCAR could use it. Could you make a zip file of the database, and of the data card, and upload them to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, 

The Z1/Z2 devices only have on-board memory and no SD cards. So only option for the end user to access the data is to use the default (and crude) application to extract the DB. 
I used the HDM data viewer app and copied the DB which is in SQLit format. I have dropped the files to the link. 

I believe the device records a fairly good amount of data at 10 min intervals, but the HDM viewer doesnt make full use of it. The DB contains the following tables and I have converted them to csv using DB viewer for SQLite open source app. 

Device.csv
DeviceSettings.csv
Events.csv
EventsLeakStartStop.csv
EventsTreatmentStartStop.csv
EventSummaryDaily.csv
EventSummaryHalfHour.csv
EventType.csv
Patient.csv
PatientDevice.csv
Physician.csv
Recipe.csv
sqlite_sequence.csv
Sync.csv
VersionHistory.csv

I guess if I can get the CSV format in which Oscar can interpret the data, its easy. 

Thanks
SP
Post Reply Post Reply
I've taken a quick look at your files. Thank you for uploading them.

When you think of OSCAR support for the Z1 and Z2, what features of OSCAR are you wishing for? What aspects of OSCAR do you think would be useful for Z1/Z2 patients? And why would OSCAR be better than the HDM Viewer for those needs?

If I understand what you hope to see, I can respond better about what OSCAR could do.

I thought the documentation for the Z2 that I looked at showed a micro-SD slot. Is there any more data on that card than the data you found?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, 
I don't have any specific requirements, just wish to use the full features of Oscar. 

I am a new CPAP patient and starting with Z2 was a decision after weighing the pros and cons. I would anyway need a travel device once the pandemic situation eases, due to the nature of my profession with frequent overnight train/bus/flight trips. I didn't want to invest more on an AirMini with same no/poor data, 24V and a possible ecosystem lockdown similar to Apple, for the tube/mask/humidx consumables. 

The current market demand due to recall also is one reason. Once this settles down, I will get a Resmed Airsense 11/Dreamstation Go 2 and have the Z2 as a travel and backup device. 

There is no memory card slot in Z1/Z2 devices and hence no file structure.
The only option is to use the half hearted attempts of Nite Log mobile app (which needs GPS for BT connection - weird) and the HDM data viewer Windows app. I extracted the db file from the apps user data folder. 

If I can get the csv formats of the 3 devices listed in the import
 menu, I am sure I can make this data also visible in Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
To my knowledge none of our compatible CPAP machines use CSV data, CSV is actually a bad format because of the volume of detailed data we handle on these machines.  
Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if a new loader would need to be coded though you may be able to use one as a model.  Are you volunteering?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 621 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,009 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,189 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,101 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 686 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.