Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Zeoce's Therapy Thread
RE: Zeoce's Therapy Thread
Here is a link to a thread that shows similar apneic threshold variable breathing, but the Autoset actually flagged CSR http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attachm...?aid=30571
Another http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ion--36988
Another: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-it?page=2

There are many variations, and many members that have experienced this and asked the same question. Pretty easy to find with a search. The real hallmark of CSR is its persistence and very regular sinusoidal pattern. If you ever see something like the image below, just pray you already have ASV. This individual with heart failure was also diagnosed with OSA, so don't feel left out.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=12599]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night with the ASV .... dramatic improvements indeed! AHI 0.18, with zero clear airway or obstructive events!!

Could be my imagination, but I feel better/different physically. Suppose not stopping breathing for 15+ seconds multiple times, plus other respiratory interruptions per night could account for that Grin .

Didn't sleep as much/as well last night since my room was too hot, and I kept checking on the ASV machine (quite a different experience from CPAP, but not in a bad way). I expect in a few more nights I'll adjust to the ASV.

One thing that woke me up was thinking "is the machine even working"? I guess when it detects you are breathing well enough on your own, it backs right off with the 'breath shaping' - which was much different than my constant flow settings on the CPAP.

OSCAR graphs are attached - any recommended setting adjustments from the defaults I used last night?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Second night with the ASV, with an AHI of 0.49!

Slept great, and feel great upon on waking up.

Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic! Great results with default settings. Many new users to ASV find the pressure changes very disruptive, but your comments suggest you are tolerating it well. We achieved reasonable AHI with CPAP by limiting range and pressure support, but you complained of sleeping poorly. It's very encouraging to hear that you're sleeping better in spite of the activity of the ASV to maintain respiratory stability.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fantastic indeed! Last night, I literally had zero respiratory events of any type and an AHI of 0.0. Woke up feeling great!

Thank you so much for your help, it's made a huge difference for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems you saved some money in the process as well. Rarely do we see someone with central apnea and being treated with CPAP find their solution so quickly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely saved a lot of money! Emailed a local DME and they quoted ~$5,600 CAD, (I think before 12% sales tax) for a new Aircurve ASV machine - and they didn't even have them in stock.

Got my lightly used  machine in 7 days, shipped from the US. This forum and your help have also saved me a lot of time. It took me almost 2 years to get my sleep study done from original GP referral with the local sleep doctor, and 2-3 months after that to get the actual report. The effect of central sleep apnea over the last few years has been a real drag on my quality of life.

And yes after reading other 'therapy threads' and experiences, I consider myself lucky to be sleeping well with no apneic events in such short time.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully everything continues to go well. Your purchase of the ASV and excellent results should be an example to others of what can be accomplished, and I hope you'll continue to participate here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thankfully I've continued sleeping great! My mood and energy have improved, and my AHI hovers around 0.50 on average with only a few unclassified apnea events (which I think are caused when I hold my breath when turning to the other side). I actually look forward to using with my ASV machine each night  Big Grin  

And yes, I'll be around on the forum. Was planning on sharing my story on the 'success stories' forum soon.

Post Reply Post Reply
I hope someday you have the opportunity to discuss with your doctor, a reconsideration of his severe OSA diagnosis and recommendation for CPAP. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 25 980 1 hour ago
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 841 10 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 259 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,272 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.