Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured?
RE: Zero 2 days in a row -- Am I cured?
(04-02-2014, 11:48 AM)retired_guy Wrote: OK, so I've received a zero ahi for two straight days.

I hate to break this to you, but the S9 Autoset is famous for getting stuck on zero.

The cure is to disconnect the power cord for a few minutes, then plug it back in. This reboots the software and it should function normally again.

The good news is that you did have one night of zero AHI. It triggered the bug in the software, but at least you have one night you can crow about. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the retired_guy's humor. Wouldn't we all like to be cured, but as we know it would be a mess without the machine. Maybe you could use it to blow your hair back for some action photos.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2014, 09:24 PM)herbm Wrote: When yours was giving zeros, did you ever look through entire nights to see if YOU could identify (missing) incidents?

Yes... that's how I knew it was wrong. I could see apneas in the flow data.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
justMongo,

There's a clue for the OP, if he magnifies a bit in SleepyHead and uses the right arrow key to scroll through the night he will either see the events in the flow data or nothing.

If in doubt (e.g., he's new at SleepyHead flow), he can look back at previous nights where the events are marked and make sure he knows the scale of magnification he needs and how to recognize an event.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
We all have "events". They are just not necessarily the same. Some events are humorous.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Last month I had to have a home sleep test done and went over Saturday and sunday , I got my results back wed 3rd april, ( today ), this showed no episodes of apnoaes, which to me is a good thing, however the reason I had this test done was cos I have had 5 admissions into hospital since I had major surgery January last year to remove my large bowel , over the time I was in hospital on each separate dates I would wear my cpap machine, unfortunately I would be woken up by the nurses to do the usual observations, each time they would tell me to take some deep breathes as my oxygen levels had dropped to between 90 and 91%... I discussed this with the cardio respiratory department hence the need for the home test,plus it was mentioned I might have to have a in depth sleep test done in hospital to find out what is causing this , and whether there is another underlying cause to this.Have a new appointment to see my consultant at the end of may ....
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I scored one Hypop. So and AHI of 0.12. Not too bad. I'm not sure it was an accurate reading however, as last night I also gave my nifty new Quattro Air FFM another shot at making me a happy camper. Complete with a "Pad-A-Cheek" liner. It actually performed well. My leak scores were very low, except for a couple of occasions when the mask got a little goofy. But in order to get a good seal (something I could never do without the liner) I did have to crank down on the straps pretty heavily. But for openers, it was a fine experience. I'll be trying it again tonight.

By tomorrow night I'll probably be able to go back to my P10 and chinstrap. We'll see.

In the meantime my machine was unplugged for a number of hours today so if it was having a goofy problem it should be resolved now.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2014, 08:02 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Last night I scored one Hypop. So and AHI of 0.12. Not too bad. I'm not sure it was an accurate reading however, as last night I also gave my nifty new Quattro Air FFM another shot at making me a happy camper. Complete with a "Pad-A-Cheek" liner. It actually performed well. My leak scores were very low, except for a couple of occasions when the mask got a little goofy. But in order to get a good seal (something I could never do without the liner) I did have to crank down on the straps pretty heavily. But for openers, it was a fine experience. I'll be trying it again tonight.

By tomorrow night I'll probably be able to go back to my P10 and chinstrap. We'll see.

In the meantime my machine was unplugged for a number of hours today so if it was having a goofy problem it should be resolved now.

Maybe you are 'cured' Mr. Guy... Two nights 0.0, third night 0.12 -- very impressive!
Post Reply Post Reply
retired..
thanks for the giggles..
i am sure you were speaking of 'cool cats' as in bong smokers...not felines....
Post Reply Post Reply
For reasons unknown, last night was perfect...according to Sleepyhead.

[attachment=815]

Is this real or am I being tricked?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 69 10 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,220 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 133 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 125 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 212 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 462 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 367 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.