Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Zero water filter
Zero water filter
Hi

I would be grateful if anyone can advise if Zero water can be used in the place of distilled water in our CPAP machines.
There have been times when travelling to the Far East, trying to find distilled water is a pain.

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Zero water filter
We have both a Brita and a Zero Water pitcher. Not sure if either can purify water to the standards that distilled water holds. 

We have hard water here, with lots of calcium in it. I've been using tap water now for well over a year. I empty the water reservoir each & every morning like clock work. I then wipe it dry with a tissue. I experience very little mineral build-up by doing this. 

If for some chance, I do see some build-up, some white vinegar gets rid of it very quickly and easily.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the exception being carbonated, flavored water, any drinkable to you water may be used in the humidifier water tub. As noted, higher mineral content may require more cleaning of the tub.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use water from a Zero Water pitcher at our cottage where we have very high dissolved solids. It works great.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
If you can drink it, you can use it in the humidifier. Travelling in SE Asia I use tapwater where it's drinkable (eg Singapore) and ordinary bottled water in places that are a bit suspect (Myanmar, Laos). So far I've never had a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Many thanks folks for your replies & comments - sorry for the slow acknowledgment as this time round I was not notified of your replies unlike previously there would be an alert in my email when there were responses to my past inquiry.
I will likely try out the Zero water since I own their pitcher & I do agree water in Singapore should be fine. In Malaysia I couldn't readily find distilled water & someone there suggested I get the distilled water for the car batteries which I have my concern.

Thanks once again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White Powder In Filter dino40 10 193 04-24-2021, 12:29 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Distilled water vs demineralised water BHappy 40 9,533 04-14-2021, 06:07 PM
Last Post: RayBee
Sad [How to] WARNING: RESMED WATER CHAMBER MISTAKE srlevine1 3 558 04-13-2021, 04:47 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Woke up to burning smell, ran out of water xfaith 11 3,325 04-13-2021, 04:01 AM
Last Post: Hmm888
  Airsense 10 filter replaced, still get replace message. midwestguy 4 197 04-01-2021, 12:02 PM
Last Post: midwestguy
  bacteria filter question Gumby Bunny 10 329 03-16-2021, 04:01 PM
Last Post: hegel
  Excessive water usage larricka 2 227 03-01-2021, 04:56 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.