Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ZeroWater
Question 
ZeroWater
Just got a Zero Water pitcher and am wondering if the almost zero TDS (total dissolved solids) can be used in my CPAP humidifier instead of distilled water.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ZeroWater
No problem. I've been using tap water since 2008. Still here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If that gadget allegedly removes the minerals, then sure, go for it.

And I am the same as Sleeprider. I use tap water from my spring (not municipal).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Is that a spring out of your old mattress. How do you get the water to come out?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Duh. I squeeze it out.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
The same method as getting blood out of a stone, of course!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2016, 12:20 AM)chill Wrote: The same method as getting blood out of a stone, of course!

I thought that was a turnipRolleyes

Actually I'd never heard of this Zero Water Pitcher. So this will make any tap water humidifier usable? I just started using my humidifier and don't know how long it takes to go through a gallon yet which I buy for .84 cents. I see the 6 cup version can be gotten for about $20 bucks. I assume that one would be big enough if I eventually went this way?

Also, just happened to think we have a fridge with a water dispenser. I wonder if/when we put in a new needed filter if that water is filtered enough that I could use that?

Post Reply Post Reply
I use reverse osmosis water from a home unit, no problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2016, 12:27 AM)Lanco Wrote: Also, just happened to think we have a fridge with a water dispenser. I wonder if/when we put in a new needed filter if that water is filtered enough that I could use that?

A fridge water filter is unlikely to do much removal of minerals, which is one of the main reasons for wanting distilled water for a CPAP.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
What Archangle said. It isn't that the water needs to be pure or sterile or filter or whatever. The theory is the water needs to have a low mineral content, whatever the source. That's all. The minerals are left behind when the water is evaporated during the humidification process in your CPAP. This can accumulate over time and interfere with the heating of the tub.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.