Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

a little help with PHP code for logins
I've got a desktop shortcut of the form:

https://xxxxxxxxx.com/index.php?mod=auth...n&nmsg=100

When it brings up the site, I must enter a username and password.

Anyone know how I can code the username and password into that string?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My web browser won't even let me connect to that site, indicating it is improperly configured, and has security risks. Is this your site?
Post Reply Post Reply
xxxxxxx.com is not a real site.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Well gosh, I just wanted to see what you'd post on a site named xxxxxxx. No wonder it didn't work. Naked pics of the VPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be a commercial link if I actually posted it.
The actual site is a gateway to communicate with my residential alarm.
There's a good APP in the ITunes Store; and I have that on my phone.

It would just be neat to be able to quickly log in on my windows machine and control the alarm.

I'm not a script guy.

I thought perhaps there might be a scripting standard for PHP that might have a syntax like:
https://xxxxxxxxx.com/index.php?mod=auth...rd=bbbbbbb

where aaaaaa = the username and bbbbbbb = the password.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe you will need to know what variable names to assign to and if the app will allow passing of parameters during login. As a possible work-around, have you tried using Firefox to connect and allow it to store the username/password?

Side note: You caught my attention with the "xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com" name. I was expecting one wild site until I read further.
Post Reply Post Reply

(09-18-2016, 03:44 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: As a possible work-around, have you tried using Firefox to connect and allow it to store the username/password?

Yep, I would think this is the easiest solution. Put the login shortcut on your desktop, and have the browser save the username/password combo for automatic login on that site only. But make sure your system is physically secure and secure on the local network so no nefarious dude can access your stored password.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to mention that php code is server side based. You probably will need to use something like Ruby, Perl or Java to code anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wouldn't he have to have direct server access to use PHP to do this?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Yes, PHP files have to reside on the webserver to access the database(primarily) to be able to supply data for publishing to the requesting browser. Since you have to be thoroughly familiar with this from modifying this site, I know you're pulling my leg.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what's wrong with this fragment of windows batch code? justMongo 18 1,983 09-16-2015, 10:46 AM
Last Post: AlanE