Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

RE: a little help with PHP code for logins
And... even if it would accept the variables as a login string, they would have to be encrypted and sent in UTF-8 coding.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
09-19-2016 04:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(09-18-2016 11:24 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:  Yes, PHP files have to reside on the webserver to access the database(primarily) to be able to supply data for publishing to the requesting browser. Since you have to be thoroughly familiar with this from modifying this site, I know you're pulling my leg.

Not pulling your leg, Red.. maybe I missed something... just wondering why would he use PHP when that can't be done without server access, and I'm assuming that his home security company's webserver isn't going to give him access to their server. That's why I thought the browser storing username/password was the only way to go, not PHP.

PS- I'm not as good with PHP as you may think. I know enough to be dangerous, and to do some limited tweaking and that's about it. SHa_biggrin5

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

09-19-2016 11:42 AM
eseedhouse Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: SimPlus
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 7-10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Also on supplemental O2 at 3L/min. while sleeping.

Every mainline browser I know of will keep your logins and passwords and insert them automatically so why reinvent the wheel? All you normally have to do is hit the mouse once.

Many sites, including this one, will remember you with a cookie and bypass even that much effort.

If that isn't enough then a password keeper like "LastPass" will be able to log on for you in most cases. They have the advantage that you can set a single secure password and then the password keeper will save all your passwords for you and even change your passwords to something much more secure.

If you want to use PHP you have to have a web server like Apache running on your local machine, but it would be easier to just create a page with some javascript on it since no local server is required, all the work is done by the browser.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
09-19-2016 06:08 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what's wrong with this fragment of windows batch code? justMongo 18 1,798 09-16-2015 10:46 AM
Last Post: AlanE