Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

about CMS50D-BT
Question 
about CMS50D-BT
Ladies,Gentlemen-
I would like to take a feedback on pros and cons from users of CMS50D-BT ( the New bluetooth Version) that is said to include all specifications of the CMS50D+ model, with bluetooth replacing the physical USB interface.

My needs are very basic for checking/monitoring SpO2 levels and the PR and a new/ novice user planning my first P.Oximeter purchase. Thankyou-
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: about CMS50D-BT
The big problem with this Bluetooth connected oximeter (from my point of view) is that the data is transferred through 'an APP' to the cloud. The app is not named, so we can't check its capabilities. The Bluetooth profile is not named, so we will be limited to whatever the manufacturer decides to allow us, in terms of data retrieval. It does not work with SleepyHead now, and probably never will.

As far as oximeters in general go, this style of oximeter is sort of loose on the finger. While they caution that it is not for use during exercise, it can slip off while sleeping. I prefer a wrist device with a finger cuff - the CMS50F is one example.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: about CMS50D-BT
(09-18-2017, 07:42 AM)pholynyk Wrote: The big problem with this Bluetooth connected oximeter (from my point of view) is that the data is transferred through 'an APP' to the cloud. The app is not named, so we can't check its capabilities. The Bluetooth profile is not named, so we will be limited to whatever the manufacturer decides to allow us, in terms of data retrieval. It does not work with SleepyHead now, and probably never will.

As far as oximeters in general go, this style of oximeter is sort of loose on the finger. While they caution that it is not for use during exercise, it can slip off while sleeping. I prefer a wrist device with a finger cuff - the CMS50F is one example.

Thankyou very much "pholynyk", appreciate your input very much Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 279 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CMS50D+ import issues moarZs 20 3,211 02-28-2022, 08:55 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
Idea CMS50D+ Add date and time to SPO2 file adrinef 32 10,056 06-21-2021, 10:36 AM
Last Post: adrinef
  Contec CMS50D-BT Oximeter and OSCAR enautical 1 1,537 05-02-2021, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Gross CMS50D+ Imports, But where is the data? dojo 22 2,859 11-07-2020, 11:13 AM
Last Post: dapal
Angry CMS50D+ SPO2% & Pluse rate PLOTS DISABLED richard.terry.jr 5 1,277 08-20-2020, 03:26 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
Arrow CMS50D+ pulse oximeter firmware update ChuckP 1 1,712 01-24-2020, 11:56 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.