Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

adjust settings on new machines
adjust settings on new machines
Does anyone know if the user can change the clinician settings on the new Dreamstation 2 or AirSense 11 as we can on the old machines? 

-gawnfishin

for years now people have been telling me to wear a mask and stay home.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: adjust settings on new machines
Great question.

Personally, my assumption would be "yes". However I have no idea and would be lying to you if I said I did know.

I would guess that there will be some secret way to enter the clinician menu system unless they lock it up, say by username and password via Bluetooth access only. But I highly doubt that would be the case. I don't think the average user is interested in fiddling around with clinician settings and I wouldn't think they care that much about the few of us that do.

I am anxiously waiting for an absolute answer to your question too.

Cheers. Coffee
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts and its many users.
~ Using a 2018 MacBook Pro running Mojave.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have your exact machine, but I believe most reasonably recent ResMed machines are similar in how you get to the clinician menu.

Simultaneously press and hold two things: home button at the bottom of the machine and the big dial. After a few seconds, the clinician settings should come up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2021, 11:04 PM)clownbell Wrote: I don't have your exact machine, but I believe most reasonably recent ResMed machines are similar in how you get to the clinician menu.

Simultaneously press and hold two things: home button at the bottom of the machine and the big dial. After a few seconds, the clinician settings should come up.

I don't think the 11 Series has been released yet, and photos are in concept only. There are no dial or home buttons as I believe they are moving toward a touch screen for operational controls. I think this is all just speculation at this point. But it probably will be easy otherwise you'll have bunch of upset and excited clinicians to train.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts and its many users.
~ Using a 2018 MacBook Pro running Mojave.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are Machines that use the Humidx system more likely to give you an infection? schaer 5 211 07-22-2021, 06:15 AM
Last Post: S. Manz
  Why do PAP machines let you apnea? tierdal 8 271 07-20-2021, 08:01 PM
Last Post: archangle
  Travel cpap machines Nevilgator 9 476 07-13-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: factor
  Which CPAP machines do not use sound abatement foam? flogger 4 615 07-06-2021, 08:02 AM
Last Post: AnnettePK
  Variations across machines - ResMed 10 specifically sleeprn 7 232 06-30-2021, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Need Advice On What Settings to Adjust Resmed Airsense 10 Stoaty 43 890 06-22-2021, 11:06 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with new settings SakimaStorm 2 184 06-03-2021, 03:33 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.