Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

advice/comments central apnea
RE: advice/comments central apnea
To clarify, the machine Pugster has is an S9. The model name is printed near the power button (top left). You can clearly see the words "Autoset" and "EPR". The ASV version will have "VPAP Adapt" or "CS Pacewave" or "Autoset CS" depending on the market and age of the machine. As others have said, the Aircurve 10 ASV is your best bet - I believe in the UK they go under the name "CS Pacewave" same as Australia. An S9 VPAP Adapt, Autoset CS or other ASV would be acceptable if funded by the NHS - they are still excellent machines, though getting a bit old now.

[Image: s9autoseth5i.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
ok just to update - i now have a brand new aircurve 10 CS pacewave, will try it for a few weeks and see what happens.

here in the UK we dont have as much input on what treatments we get through the NHS - we basically just see a consultant then are given a machine without any imput into what machine we get ( its all on the consultant to get it right) .
im pretty sure i was given the S9 machine by mistake (or they had no ASV's in stock and one was ordered in ) , i guess i should be grateful i didnt go out and buy a machine as some ppl in the U.S have to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pugster I am in the UK on an ASV and bought my own machine as I got fed up of the hoops I had to go through to get an ASV, I had been on a fixed pressure machine an Autoset, then a BiLevel ST.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 295 3 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 572 4 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 170 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 862 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,517 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,797 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.