Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

advice on switching from pillows to a FFM
RE: advice on switching from pillows to a FFM
I went from pillows to FFM due to lip leaking. I just cannot get it to stop. A chin strap can stop it enough to sleep well but dang, I hate all that gear! So I went FFM and love it once I found the one I liked.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-with-FFM
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2016, 01:14 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I went from pillows to FFM due to lip leaking. I just cannot get it to stop. A chin strap can stop it enough to sleep well but dang, I hate all that gear!

I use a chin strap with a FFM. I can get by without it, but it's much easier with the strap. Even without leaks if I start to breath with my mouth using a FFM I get dry mouth even with the Humidity set as high as it will go. I prefer as little humidity as possible and the chin strap makes that feasible.

Avoiding too much gear is not one of my worries. As well as the chin strap and FFM I wear a headlamp and noise cancelling headphones. The latter to make the Oxygen compressor faint enough to sleep with, not to listen to music. When I go to bed I look like I'm ready for a trip to the ISS.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I started with pillows and tried a FFM and never went back. I have kept trying different mask and set-ups. I am always looking to make it better and more comfort. Getting my nose drilled out like a wind tunnel has helped a lot. I even have found my sense of smell returning, I shower more now...Laugh-a-lotLaugh-a-lot

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 275 35 minutes ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 859 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,764 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,793 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.