Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

advice on switching from pillows to a FFM
I went from pillows to FFM due to lip leaking. I just cannot get it to stop. A chin strap can stop it enough to sleep well but dang, I hate all that gear! So I went FFM and love it once I found the one I liked.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-with-FFM
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2016, 01:14 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I went from pillows to FFM due to lip leaking. I just cannot get it to stop. A chin strap can stop it enough to sleep well but dang, I hate all that gear!

I use a chin strap with a FFM. I can get by without it, but it's much easier with the strap. Even without leaks if I start to breath with my mouth using a FFM I get dry mouth even with the Humidity set as high as it will go. I prefer as little humidity as possible and the chin strap makes that feasible.

Avoiding too much gear is not one of my worries. As well as the chin strap and FFM I wear a headlamp and noise cancelling headphones. The latter to make the Oxygen compressor faint enough to sleep with, not to listen to music. When I go to bed I look like I'm ready for a trip to the ISS.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

The above is my opinion.  It is just possible that I may, occasionally, be mistaken.

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Everything put together sooner or later falls apart.
Your brain is not the boss.
Our forefathers took drugs.
He's no fun he fell right over.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with pillows and tried a FFM and never went back. I have kept trying different mask and set-ups. I am always looking to make it better and more comfort. Getting my nose drilled out like a wind tunnel has helped a lot. I even have found my sense of smell returning, I shower more now...Laugh-a-lotLaugh-a-lot
For more information explore and read the wiki or just start with the link below.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success

Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question is it ok to sleep with two pillows Novello1234 7 207 Yesterday, 11:27 AM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  New Dreamwear Gel Pillows Mask silversnore 35 2,078 06-11-2017, 11:56 PM
Last Post: st8800
  [Diagnosis] Need advice please about the necessity of getting a machine LarryPer123 10 320 06-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Last Post: LarryPer123
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 23 1,477 05-30-2017, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Laurence1962
  Nasal Pillows Used For Titration, But... harmon k 1 178 05-27-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Advice on spare machine for weekend vacation house signal13 13 574 05-25-2017, 04:31 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  New User Seeking Advice - Thanks! WantoSleep 25 854 05-23-2017, 11:20 AM
Last Post: chill