Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

aerophagia
RE: aerophagia
The best advise is to wait until your machine has completed the cool-down cycle before pulling the card. Most problems like this are simply the result of immediately pulling the card after removing the mask. The data can wait, go have some coffee.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jerry,

Ah, if the time on your machine is ahead of your computer time there is currently a bug that prevents the last session importing. if the session finishes in the future there are two workarounds for this

1. Do not import the data until after 1hr
2. Before you use the machine tonight move the time backwards 1 hr
Post Reply Post Reply
I was finally able to get all sessions but still having problems. I will get one session and about 2 hours later I will get the others. 

I will take the suggestion of waiting to pull the card out. Normally I take it out as soon as I wake up.

Also, can someone suggest where I can get directions to post my information so someone can look at my information?
Post Reply Post Reply
The links in my signature Organize your Oscar Charts and Attaching Files, link to tutorials.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2021, 01:16 PM)jerry1967 Wrote: I was finally able to get all sessions but still having problems. I will get one session and about 2 hours later I will get the others. 
I will take the suggestion of waiting to pull the card out. Normally I take it out as soon as I wake up.
. . .
Hi Jerry,
I have a morning routine as follows:
When I wake up, I check the clock, and if I decide to get up, I press the Stop/Start button to shut down the blower, and watch the screen to see the sleep time.  After a few seconds, it usually updates the sleep time and adds a few minutes.  Then I unmask and head for the bathroom.  When I come back, I press and hold the Start/Stop button to power down the machine, and then remove the card.  Then I dress and head downstairs, taking the card.  Sometime shortly after, I import the card and log the session.  With this routine, I've never had missing data or partial sessions.

One key:  If you keep the cover to the SD card slot open, you can watch the activity LED next to the card slot.  Never pull the card when the Activity light is lit or blinking.  It also blinks whenever the card is inserted or removed, or the machine is powered off - these are short blinks, and are normal.

I also keep a current copy of the SD card on my computer's hard drive.  I do this with a script that uses Rsync (a linux command) to copy the changes to a directory - it takes less than a second.  That way, if the card degrades or becomes corrupted, my data loss is minimal or nil.

Hope this helps.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2021, 03:09 PM)becker44a Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 01:16 PM)jerry1967 Wrote: I was finally able to get all sessions but still having problems. I will get one session and about 2 hours later I will get the others. 
. . .
Hi Jerry,
I have a morning routine as follows:
When I wake up, I check the clock, and if I decide to get up, I press the Stop/Start button to shut down the blower, and watch the screen to see the sleep time.  After a few seconds, it usually updates the sleep time and adds a few minutes.  Then I unmask and head for the bathroom.  When I come back, I press and hold the Start/Stop button to power down the machine, and then remove the card.  Then I dress and head downstairs, taking the card.  Sometime shortly after, I import the card and log the session.  With this routine, I've never had missing data or partial sessions.

One key:  If you keep the cover to the SD card slot open, you can watch the activity LED next to the card slot.  Never pull the card when the Activity light is lit or blinking.  It also blinks whenever the card is inserted or removed, or the machine is powered off - these are short blinks, and are normal.

I also keep a current copy of the SD card on my computer's hard drive.  I do this with a script that uses Rsync (a linux command) to copy the changes to a directory - it takes less than a second.  That way, if the card degrades or becomes corrupted, my data loss is minimal or nil.

Hope this helps.
Everything helped thank you very much
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: attachment.php?aid=28984]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That does look like CSR. If this is a recurring pattern in your sleep, the central apnea are real and you need to discuss the use of ASV with your doctor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I get them mostly when I sleep on my right side and just before I awake in the morning. 90% of the ones I get are usually in the last hour or two of my sleep.

Why would sleeping on my right side cause more than on my left side?

Is there a certain amount a person has to get in order to get the ASV machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
The requirements for ASV are discussed in the Justifying Advanced PAP Machines wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...P_Machines Without knowing the extent of your central apnea issues, you appear to meet many or all of the criteria with AHI over 5 and more than 50% of apnea being central. One important qualification not mentioned is that you may be screened for congestive heart failure and left ventricular ejection fraction. This is based on a study (SERVE-HF) that found a risk of death for CHF patients with LVEF less than 45%. That finding is still prevalent, in spite of a subsequent study ADVENT-HF, that has found the 2015 SERVE-HF was erroneous due to method errors and lack of titration and compliance data for the study cohort. Anyway, are you aware of any heart issues?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 606 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,652 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 525 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 409 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Ohmy Aerophagia is making me lose my mind urachan 9 850 01-01-2024, 05:01 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  EPR, Central Apnea, and Aerophagia rpierce 23 2,308 11-12-2023, 12:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.