Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

aerophagia causing serious problems?
aerophagia causing serious problems?
hi guys,

so i got the p10 nasal pillows and my ahi was great at less than 3.  but ive had to go to the doctor because i had shortness of breath, nauseau, aching in my lower abdomen.

they did urinalysis which was fine, as was my blood work.  they did palpitation on my abdomen and found it tender and im bloated for sure.

it just occured to me that perhaps this is air trapped.  i got an ultrasound today because they thought i might have diverticulitis which is a colon disease.

anyone heard of this problem?  i get my ultrasound results tuesday.  but id gotten alot of leakage with the p10 nasal pillows for sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: aerophagia causing serious problems?
I hope the tests come back ok. Excessive belching and passing wind first thing of a morning is a good DX of cpap aerophagia, it normally starts from night one and can settle down in a few weeks. Mine resolved in an hour of waking up.

Shortness of breath? I suppose it could press on the diaphragm and restrict breathing, your sleepyhead chart will show this. are you obese?

nausea and pain I didn't have this just a bit of discomfort from the wind bloat, which nature has a cure for Smile
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll be surprised if the root cause is diverticulitis. I have the same condition as diagnosed by colonoscopy, but never experience bloating. My suspicion is that you have a relatively high CPAP pressure, and might be a lot more comfortable on bilevel therapy than CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2018, 01:42 PM)mattm1 Wrote: hi guys,

so i got the p10 nasal pillows and my ahi was great at less than 3.  but ive had to go to the doctor because i had shortness of breath, nauseau, aching in my lower abdomen.

they did urinalysis which was fine, as was my blood work.  they did palpitation on my abdomen and found it tender and im bloated for sure.

it just occured to me that perhaps this is air trapped.  i got an ultrasound today because they thought i might have diverticulitis which is a colon disease.

anyone heard of this problem?  i get my ultrasound results tuesday.  but id gotten alot of leakage with the p10 nasal pillows for sure.

Matt, what were the results of your ultrasound, did they figure out what you have? Is it better now?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 28 3 hours ago
Last Post: coffee9724
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 606 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,010 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 264 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 11 525 02-19-2024, 11:39 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.