Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

after 6 months, no relief
after 6 months, no relief
Hi, just discovered this forum. Can't get info. from doc, so I thought I'd try here. Have the Resmed Airsense 10, which seems to work ok. Have no problems wearing it. 100% compliance. Sleep test confirmed severe apnea. 40 epsides an hour. Longest 47 secs. For the first 3 months, numbers were below 5. Woo hoo. At six month check, numbers mostly good except for 15 day spike at 30, for which the doc accused me of drinking too heavily. Last 3 nights, 4.7, .5, and tossed the mask last night. The reason: no matter the number, I feel absolutely no different. Best morning recently was today with no cpap. The two mornings before, with the very low scores, extremely sleepy all day long. Why no correlation between life with cpap and life without? Why no correlation between high/low numbers and the way I feel? The only one benefitting is my wife because I'm not snoring any more. There's probably lots of threads like this. Just point me to them please. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: after 6 months, no relief
Which model of Airsense 10 do you have?

[Image: LCbimkf.png]

I would encourage you to install SleepyHead if yours is a Data capable model so that you can see what is really happening with your therapy
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard jhende! Hopefully you will get answers to your questions so that you can get your therapy sorted out.

As long as your AirSense 10 is not labelled CPAP it should be data capable. The CPAP model only provides hours the user is using the machine per night. Download SleepyHead. The link is at the top of the page and is helpful not only to you for looking at your data, but for others to help you with after you post screenshots from within SH.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jhende,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and hopefully you will soon notice improvements with it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There are no markings in the circled area. All I see On front is ResMed on left side. On back it says model # 37028. Device # 342. On bottom Air 10. That's all I see and I'm sure that's not of help to anyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
37208 AirSense 10 AutoSet with HumidAir and ClimateLineAir (rather than 37028?) That is good, if that is the case, means you can get data from it and view it in software Smile
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 156 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 280 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,643 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 482 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 289 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 668 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Has anyone ever received a refund on cpap after 3 months. Mwilson123 0 200 02-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mwilson123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.