Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

air cutting out in middle of night
RE: air cutting out in middle of night
Thanks for replies to my query on start/stop. "SmartStop" was off so I turned it on. And in another thread or place, I found a suggestion to cycle the power to the machine. I did that yesterday and last night had no cut out of air. I'm hard of hearing and can't hear the air when it is on low but this morning, my wife told me it had not switched off when I got up. Hope the power cycle has cured the air on/off problem and setting smartstop on will switch it off in the morning. I'll find out tonite.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-25-2014, 05:54 PM)daddyhominum Wrote: Thanks for replies to my query on start/stop. "SmartStop" was off so I turned it on. And in another thread or place, I found a suggestion to cycle the power to the machine. I did that yesterday and last night had no cut out of air. I'm hard of hearing and can't hear the air when it is on low but this morning, my wife told me it had not switched off when I got up. Hope the power cycle has cured the air on/off problem and setting smartstop on will switch it off in the morning. I'll find out tonite.
Hi daddyhominum,
WELCOME! to the forum,! and best of luck to you.
Hopefully, your machine will work after you powered it down.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It's smart because when you put on your mask and start breathing, the machine will start. I disconnected mine.

I was having problems with my machine pressure constantly going down to a bearly exsistant blowing. I tried everything including replacments. Finally Supplier #2 took them back and refunded my money because I had purched it during a time of no health insurance.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU,
Kate
:Using cpap then vpap since Feb.2013,
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for all the suggestions. The machine did the start/stop again this morning so I have tried all the suggestions. IU can't really afford a new machine, so I may have to make do with this problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  airsense 11 cutting off in therapy alphamale 1 278 01-11-2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Airsense 10 cutting off repeatedly at night. coldfeet7 4 316 12-31-2023, 09:37 PM
Last Post: coldfeet7
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 851 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Ohmy [Health] UARS diagnosed twice, using a CPAP, and still waking in the middle of the night. logart89 24 1,804 05-28-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: logart89
  Ripping my mask off in the middle of the night MrShredX 2 592 04-24-2023, 04:21 PM
Last Post: MrShredX
  What's waking me up in the middle of the night...and are my pressure settings ok? danielsomers 13 1,431 04-21-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.