Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

air input flow limited
air input flow limited
This morning my son told me he thinks something is wrong with his CPAP machine and he had to stop using it last night because he couldn't breathe with it on. When I checked the machine it displayed a message that advised air input flow was limited, check the filters. After viewing the message I turned the CPAP on to check the airflow, it felt normal and the message was no longer displayed. Because my son has asthma I change the filters more often recommended. The filters on the machine last night were fairly new (disposable filter has been used 6 days, the other filter only has 13 days of use). I will replace the filters, but because they look clean and haven't been used long I am not confident that replacing the filters will resolve the problem. Does anyone have any advise on anything else I should check beyond the filters that could have caused this issue. I have attached a couple of sleepyhead shots from last night. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: air input flow limited
Are you using standard or ultra-fine allergenic filters? I would stick with the standard filters if possible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2018, 10:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Are you using standard or ultra-fine allergenic filters?  I would stick with the standard filters if possible.

We use the standard filters. Our local air quality had been horrible most of summer because of heavy wildfire smoke. My son's pulmonologist advised us to continue using the standard filters, but to replace them often. When the smoke was at its worst I was replacing the disposable filter every other day, and even with that aggressive replacement schedule when held up to the light the filter was visibly dirty. We're still getting some smoke from out of state fires, but our air quality has dramatically improved because local fires are mostly under control. Recently I've been replacing the disposable filter weekly, but even after a week of use with the decrease in smoke the filter has not been visibly dirty.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just guessing so I might be way off:

Sleeping on his back with his chin tucked into his chest.
Mask not fitted right.
His nose, mouth and throat were dry.
The hose was twisted in such a way as if folded over, this happened to me, it just kinked and cut the air down.  It was only later when I moved it across that I found it kinked and folded over.  After I took the twist out it was fine.

Other than that, pass.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent point. These are clustered apnea and a soft cervical collar could clear it up. Filters get more efficient with loading and also have a higher pressure drop. I don’t think that is the source of the problem, but maybe focus on positional apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 781 Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 62 Yesterday, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 397 04-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 78 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 302 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 279 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 196 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.