Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] MENU ResMed S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™
MENU ResMed S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™
Would appreciate answers with regards to MENU of my ResMed S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™.

What do the the following settings mean? I have included my settings on machine inside brackets.
1- MENU---View Settings--
A-Max Ramp? (5 Min)
B-EPR Level? (Patient)
C-SmartStart? (Off)
2- MENU---Sleep Report---
A-AHI ? What does letters mean?
B-Total AI? What do letters mean?
C-Central AI? What do letters mean?
Also my machine is used with 499.7 run hours,what would you consider the usage was? Much,little etc-What is average daily use of typical machine?
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MENU ResMed S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™
(09-20-2014, 11:17 AM)Morbius Wrote: Would appreciate answers with regards to MENU of my ResMed S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™.

What do the the following settings mean? I have included my settings on machine inside brackets.
1- MENU---View Settings--
A-Max Ramp? (5 Min)
B-EPR Level? (Patient)
C-SmartStart? (Off)
2- MENU---Sleep Report---
A-AHI ? What does letters mean?
B-Total AI? What do letters mean?
C-Central AI? What do letters mean?
Also my machine is used with 499.7 run hours,what would you consider the usage was? Much,little etc-What is average daily use of typical machine?
Thank you!

Ramp is starting at a lower pressure and gradually increasing pressure until it reaches the prescribed pressure or minimum pressure. Max ramp is the maximum amount of time that can be set from the user menu for ramp.

EPR (Exhalation Pressure Relief) level is the amount the pressure will be reduced during exhalation and equates approximately to cm/H2O. EPR setting of 1=1cm/H2O reduction of pressure upon exhalation. Patient means that it is adjustable via the Patient menu.

SmartStart when set to on starts the machine as soon as you start breathing in the mask and conversely shuts the machine off when you take the mask off (quit breathing in the mask). When it is off one must start and stop the machine via its very complex buttonDielaughing.

AHI stands for Apnea Hypopnea Index. It is the total of the apnea and hypopnea events for the session divided by the time the machine was on. So it is the average number of apneas and/or hypopneas per hour.

Total AI is the apnea index without the hypopneas.

Central AI is the apnea index for central apneas alone. Central apneas are apneas caused by the brain not triggering a breath. That is opposed to obstructive apneas that are caused by the tissues in the airway collapsing and blocking the airway so you are trying to breathe but are not able to.

I do not know the answer to your usage hours question. 499.7 hours equates to approximately 71 nights at 7 hours per night. I have heard it said that the normal lifetime for one of these machines is 5 years. At 7 hours use a night that would be 12,775 hours.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
According to most suppliers anything under 2000 hours is considered "lightly used" and units are supposedly good for 20-30,000 hours. Just what I have heard.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds about right to me.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 394 38 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 299 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 468 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.