Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI irregular?
AHI irregular?
Hello all - Does your AHI stay around the same number every night? I'm about 1 year on CPAP and mine seems to be getting more random?

1drv.ms/1EN6kCD
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AHI irregular?
(09-07-2015, 07:29 AM)daveasu Wrote: Hello all - Does your AHI stay around the same number every night? I'm about 1 year on CPAP and mine seems to be getting more random?

1drv.ms/1EN6kCD

My AHI does the same thing. As long as it's under 5 you are doing good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2015, 07:29 AM)daveasu Wrote: Hello all - Does your AHI stay around the same number every night? I'm about 1 year on CPAP and mine seems to be getting more random?

1drv.ms/1EN6kCD

I followed your link to OneDrive. Your AHI varies from 2 to 8 over two weeks. Your nights over 5 are considered inadequate control by definition of the AHI<5.

OTOH, a variation from 2 to 8 is consistent with the statistical variations seen in most people. i.e. -- a person might see 0.2 to 0.8 over two weeks; statistically the same; but considered good numerically.

Perhaps your settings are not optimal. When you have a few more posts, you will be able to post a screenshot from Sleepyhead.
Over a year, your requirements may have changed. It would be useful to know what types of events are dominant in the composition of your AHI.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2015, 09:06 AM)justMongo Wrote:

1drv.ms/1EN6kCD

I followed your link to OneDrive. Your AHI varies from 2 to 8 over two weeks. Your nights over 5 are considered inadequate control by definition of the AHI<5.

OTOH, a variation from 2 to 8 is consistent with the statistical variations seen in most people. i.e. -- a person might see 0.2 to 0.8 over two weeks; statistically the same; but considered good numerically.

Perhaps your settings are not optimal. When you have a few more posts, you will be able to post a screenshot from Sleepyhead.
Over a year, your requirements may have changed. It would be useful to know what types of events are dominant in the composition of your AHI.

Thank you JustMongo!

I have Sleepyhead, but since I don't really know what to look for, it's information overload! I could really use some advice on how to interpret it.
Post Reply Post Reply

1drv.ms/1EN6kCD
Some nights can go higher, things like sleeping on my back, congestion, and large leaks have detrimental effect
But for most of the time, quite consistent, below 1
I've learned to take the good with the bad Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2015, 03:56 PM)daveasu Wrote: I have Sleepyhead, but since I don't really know what to look for, it's information overload! I could really use some advice on how to interpret it.

I felt much the same way at first, but I kept looking at the graphs and figures each day and after a couple of weeks the patterns became clear. After 10 months I can tell what figures affect me when they change.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 411 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  OSCAR Charts - irregular breathing losballos 1 698 10-18-2023, 01:37 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Highly irregular breathing patterns Michael2 8 1,089 07-20-2023, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Michael2
  Apnea events preceded by irregular flow rate Kleinkr20 1 582 09-06-2021, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  UARS / Irregular breathing pattern nevermind 33 5,376 10-10-2019, 05:47 AM
Last Post: mper6794
  irregular numbers, new s9 nativedancer 6 2,987 07-17-2015, 03:08 PM
Last Post: nativedancer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.