Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

air sense auto c-pap for her
air sense auto c-pap for her
any reviews on the air sense auto set for her??? I'm thinking about getting one ..have been on cpap for 9 years and I hear this c-papa machine is made just for women..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: air sense auto c-pap for her
G'day Snoopygirl, welcome to Apnea Board.

There is a review thread on the Autoset here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...10-AutoSet I think it includes some discussion of the "for her" version. While the for her is marketed at women, it has some features which a lot of our male members also find helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
my cpapa machine now is air sense 10 set on pressure of 9.. still not sleeping good..I started with pressure of 11 but felt like air was coming out of tear ducts..now thinking about trying auto set for her in the range of 9 range to 11... has anyone one else had this problem>>>Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you so much I'll look at the review thread!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Snoopygirl, have you taken a look at your data to investigate why your're not sleeping well? Are you using the EPR feature? The Airsense 10 Autoset for Her is the same machine you already have, but includes an additional pressure algorithm that more gently changes pressure. I don't know how the pressure is different but, the manufacturer says this:

Quote:The AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ for Her contains the first dedicated algorithm designed to treat mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea in female patients. Typically, women take longer to fall asleep and have more flow limitations and more frequent arousals during sleep than men.1,2,3 Women with OSA also tend to have fewer and shorter apneas or hypopneas, as well as a lower apnea–hypopnea index (AHI).4 And with nearly 40% of newly diagnosed sleep apnea patients being women,5 it’s important to have a therapy device specifically designed to meet their needs.

Start using the Sleepyhead software linked at the top of the forum, and consider posting data and letting this group help you make your machine work better for you. Welcome, and good luck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='Sleeprider' pid='145696' dateline='1452266103']
Snoopygirl, have you taken a look at your data to investigate why your're not sleeping well? Are you using the EPR feature? The Airsense 10 Autoset for Her is the same machine you already have, but includes an additional pressure algorithm that more gently changes pressure. I don't know how the pressure is different but, the manufacturer says this:

[quote]The AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ for Her contains the first dedicated algorithm designed to treat mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea in female patients. Typically, women take longer to fall asleep and have more flow limitations and more frequent arousals during sleep than men.1,2,3 Women with OSA also tend to have fewer and shorter apneas or hypopneas, as well as a lower apnea–hypopnea index (AHI).4 And with nearly 40% of newly diagnosed sleep apnea patients being women,5 it’s important to have a therapy device specifically designed to meet their needs.[/quote]

Start using the Sleepyhead software linked at the top of the forum, and consider posting data and letting this group help you make your machine work better for you. Welcome, and good luck.
[/quote]

[quote='snoopygirl' pid='145729' dateline='1452290143']
[quote='Sleeprider' pid='145696' dateline='1452266103']

[quote]The AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ for Her contains the first dedicated algorithm designed to treat mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea in female patients. Typically, women take longer to fall asleep and have more flow limitations and more frequent arousals during sleep than men.1,2,3 Women with OSA also tend to have fewer and shorter apneas or hypopneas, as well as a lower apnea–hypopnea index (AHI).4 And with nearly 40% of newly diagnosed sleep apnea patients being women,5 it’s important to have a therapy device specifically designed to meet their needs.[/quote]

Start using the Sleepyhead software linked at the top of the forum, and consider posting data and letting this group help you make your machine work better for you. Welcome, and good l
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2016, 08:57 AM)snoopygirl Wrote: my cpapa machine now is air sense 10 set on pressure of 9.. still not sleeping good..I started with pressure of 11 but felt like air was coming out of tear ducts..now thinking about trying auto set for her in the range of 9 range to 11... has anyone one else had this problem>>>Oh-jeez

I occasionally have air coming out of my lacrimal glands (tear ducts). I asked my ophthalmologist whether it would cause any eye problems. He said not unless it dried your eyes out and he gave me a sample of an eye drop gel to use if it started drying my eyes out. I do not have any other eye problems other than presbyopia and cataracts.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi snoopygirl,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,322 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 350 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 903 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Air Sense 10 SD card LED flashing red BNelson 2 588 10-12-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: BNelson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.