Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Increasing AHI - what to do?
Increasing AHI - what to do?
        Following advice from Sarcastic Dave, Stacy and others I have been using a cervical collar. On the advice of my sleep doctor, I reduced the pressure, and started to get good results. However, as time has passed my AHI has started to increase and I dont know why. Any clues? Your help, as always, is much appreciated as I try to navigate this stuff. I attach two screenshots showing the positive results I was getting, and what it's now showing.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Increasing AHI - what to do?
You are again having positional apnea. You need to reposition the collar. Maybe to loose and your chin has been able to slip down to your sternum. 

I don’t know why but you have to figure out why you are again getting into a position that cuts off your airway.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
While we cannot tell the specific cause, with or without a collar that is positional apnea, likely from chin tucking.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you would try to keep your therapy questions to one thread, that would be helpful. In your three threads, you have been given the same advice. Then you abandon the thread and start another...

What you are showing us is "positional apnea." Doesn't necessarily mean it's from sleeping on your back.
You can tuck your chin to your chest whether on your side or back.

Also, an ill fitting collar may allow your chin to drop below the collar. Try a different collar if need be.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 225 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 334 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Pressure not increasing much due to the air vent holes being large CorruptAlligator 4 996 12-31-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  AHI Increasing, Struggling to read OSCAR Data cam412 12 1,172 12-29-2022, 09:06 AM
Last Post: cam412
  AHI is increasing. txrpls 2 694 10-25-2022, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Rice95
  Tips for Increasing Compliance GoliGoli 7 712 09-07-2022, 11:39 AM
Last Post: GoliGoli
  Advice on increasing pressure HaL R 33 2,477 08-11-2022, 06:57 PM
Last Post: HaL R

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.