Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

airfit P10 sore nose
airfit P10 sore nose
Great mask, best I have tried thus far. The only problem is I wake up after 5hrs feeling like I have been punched in the nose. I have made the straps as lose as possible. Any other techniques? I would like to keep using this mask, but the nose pain will make it unbearable.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: airfit P10 sore nose
Of course the fit is achieved by spreading the straps for a looser fit and bringing them together at the crown for a tighter fit. It will loosen in time...also make sure the color side is blue, not the Lavendar "for her". Generally speaking a larger pillow size is key to comfort and less leaks. If you're using medium, try the large.

Time cures this, and if you can hang for a couple weeks, discomfort will end. There is a lot of advise to use Lanisoh and other topical cremes to sooth the skin. I find that is mostly counter-productive, and the best pillow is a clean one, stripped of all oils by Dawn dishwashing detergent to keep it fresh and clean.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was using med and will try large. I thought the med was a perfect fit, but maybe they were going too far in my nose. Thx
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2016, 09:25 AM)duece12345 Wrote: I was using med and will try large. I thought the med was a perfect fit, but maybe they were going too far in my nose. Thx

The pillows should rest on the outside of your nostrils, not inside. If it goes too far inside you'll end up getting sores inside your nose.

Agree with Sleeprider - try the next size up - also spread the band as wide as it will go to make it looser.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also try using a lanolin cream or Ayr nasal Gel.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME "fit" me with a small pillow. After one night, I dumped the small, and tried the medium. A perfect fit, or so I thought. One day I tried a large. Made a big difference. It rests on my upper lip sometimes but I can really tell the difference. Much more comfortable, more air passing through etc. Last month I went back to the medium and guess what? The large is the most comfortable and I have learned how to control the extra leaks.

I am staying with the large.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME "fit" me with a small pillow too, pulling the extra-small and medium from my starter kit, and giving me an extra of the small size. I really wish I had been reading the Apnea Board before I let her do that to me. I struggled with the small size for months, with leaks and with the feeling of them creeping up into my nose. I borrowed a medium from a fellow CPAP-er after reading the boards and I love that size so much better. I felt I had more air coming in and my leak rate went to the lowest my sleep doctor has ever seen. Most nights, according to "My Air," it is zero. According to Sleepyhead, by median leak rate for the past 3 months has been 0.00, 0.05 and 0.00. The 95% leak has been under 2.0 since I switched.
Post Reply Post Reply
See if you can find a large to try also. May not be any better but you need to know for sure.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
After one night the large pillows did help. Still a little soreness, but nothing compared to the med pillows.

Thank you for all the replies
Post Reply Post Reply
In the morning after you wake up and your nose is sore try aveeno oatmeal moisturizing, it helps clean my soreness up from time to time very quickly. Do not use it with the mask or pillows, just a little bit on the nostrils to help heal the skin. A tiny bit of lanolin on the nostrils with the p10 mask can help while sleeping. I prefer a clean pillow but while adjusting the lanolin will help protect the skin till you get the groove on.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 49 3,135 1 hour ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,569 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,810 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 196 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 151 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,976 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.