Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

airsense 10 autoset malfunction?
RE: airsense 10 autoset malfunction?
(08-15-2015, 10:50 AM)sonicboom Wrote: Well it happened again - this time on my 3rd Airsense machine. The first one malfunctioned as written above. The second one made a bad whirring sound on breathing which is the result of an apparent design defect with these machines and the way the water chambers does/does not create a tight seal with the tube/seal interface with the machine. The new machine did the same as the first last night - shot up to 10, Well past the max setting of 6.2, and then stopped recording the next three hours of sleep until I woke up. The machine did its thing - I feel rested this AM but the recording features of this machine seem to have issues. The first machine I chalked up to a lemon. But, now that 2 of the 3 machines I have had did this (and I didn't have the second one more than 3 days to know if it would fail too) leads me to conclude that this machine has a serious manufacturing defect. Either that or someone needs to explain to me what I am doing while I am sleeping to cause these machines to do this.

Input anyone?

I wish I had an idea for you, I have the for her model and have had zero problems with it. Just out of curiosity what country were those machines made in? I am wondering if there is a problem from one factory. i believe that some are made in China and others I have heard Malasia. Mine says it was made in Australia. I could be wrong but I do remember a discussion on it. It is strange because I have heard some people having lots of problems with their machine but mine has been great. Just curious. Please let me know.
Post Reply Post Reply
It indicates manufactured in Australia.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been having similar issues on the air sense 10. What software do you use to look at these graphs?
Post Reply Post Reply
I use resScan and sleepyhead both of which are available for download at other links which you will find in this forum under the appropriate subject headings. Look under the important threads section.

As further follow up,I caught the machine in its act last night. I got up after a 3 hr session. When I restarted I was having trouble breathing normally so I suspected something. Suddenly the machine screen came alive with a message - your tube is obstructed. Of course my tube was not obstructed so I pushed ok and tried to sleep when the machine suddenly blasted up to 10. I ended that short session then restarted and the machine worked flawlessly thereafter.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any way to get this machine to work right other than resetting it in the middle of the night? I had one and it worked fine for 6 months before starting this nonsense the "new" (probably refurbished) one started doing this right away.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are two options as I see it. First, I'm going to re-try placing the hose around the back of my pillow to double check the "your tube is obstructed message". If that doesn't work I may purchase the hose stand which others here embrace. They can chime in with their experiences with the hose stand.

The second option is a route I have used twice now - these machines have a two year warranty. Have your DME swap it out for you. However, this next tip is helpful if this is an option for you. Make sure they come to your house with an unopened brand new box. Have them open it right in front of you and ask them directly if it's brand new. If they represent it is then you have the DME on the hook if it's not and of course you still have the 2 year warranty route. i am on my 3rd machine in 3+ months heading for a fourth. I might try the "for her" model next. It would be nice to hear from male "for her" users as to their experiences with that model. Hope this helps a little. Hang in there!

Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, in case you are wondering what the software showed during my 8 minute session last night after waking up and restarting - all parameters were recording normal except for pressure. No pressure readings occurred during the first 7 minutes (although the other graphs were recording including the mask pressure graph) until the machine registered ramping up to 10 in seconds. Of course, since I was still awake that lasted less than a minute when I turned it off and started over. On restart everything worked great for the rest of the night. AHI of .27 last night despite these shenanigans.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
I just found some interesting recall info effecting many Resmed machines, probably already posted here but wouldn't know where to look so posting it here:

Various Medical Devices Recalled by Resmed (2015-04-09)
Report a Concern
Starting date:April 9, 2015Posting date:May 8, 2015Type of communication:Medical Device RecallSubcategory:Medical DeviceHazard classification:Type IIISource of recall:Health CanadaIssue:Medical DevicesAudience:General Public, Healthcare Professionals, HospitalsIdentification number:RA-53273
Reason Affected products
Recalled Products

A. SlimLine
B. AirSense 10 Elite
C. ClimateLine Air
D. AirSense 10 CPAP
E. AirSense 10 AutoSet
F. AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her
G. AirCurve 10 S
H. AirCurve 10 VAuto
I. AirCurve 10 ASV
J. AirCurve 10 ST

Reason
Heated tubing faults were detected in some devices causing a ClimateLineAir error message on the user interface caused by software interpreting static electricity as a fault with the tubing.

Affected products
A. SlimLine
Lot or serial number

Not applicable

Model or catalog number

Companies
Manufacturer Resmed Limited
1 Elizabeth Macarthur Drive
Bella Vista
AUSTRALIA

B. AirSense 10 Elite
Lot or serial number

Not applicable

Model or catalog number

Companies
Bella Vista
AUSTRALIA

C. ClimateLine Air
Lot or serial number

Not applicable

Model or catalog number

Companies
Bella Vista
AUSTRALIA

D. AirSense 10 CPAP
Lot or serial number

Not applicable

Model or catalog number

Companies
Bella Vista
AUSTRALIA

E. AirSense 10 AutoSet
Lot or serial number

Not applicable

Model or catalog number

Companies
Bella Vista
AUSTRALIA

F. AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her
Lot or serial number

Not applicable

Model or catalog number

Companies
Bella Vista
AUSTRALIA

G. AirCurve 10 S
Lot or serial number

Not applicable

Model or catalog number

Companies
Bella Vista
AUSTRALIA

H. AirCurve 10 VAuto
Lot or serial number

Not applicable

Model or catalog number

Companies
Bella Vista
AUSTRALIA

I. AirCurve 10 ASV
Lot or serial number

Not applicable

Model or catalog number

Companies
Bella Vista
AUSTRALIA

J. AirCurve 10 ST
Lot or serial number

Not applicable

Model or catalog number

Companies
Bella Vista
AUSTRALIA

Date modified:2015-05-08

Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like somebody got the model numbers wrong on the notice: my AirSense 10 Autoset has 37028 printed on the back, not 37208. I'll be checking with my DME tomorrow, since I'm also not sure what the Class III Hazard Classification means.

Thanks for posting this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, sonicboom
Here is the link http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall...3r-eng.php

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 163 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,234 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,556 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 219 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,028 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 215 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 281 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.