Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

airsense 10 autoset malfunction?
RE: airsense 10 autoset malfunction?
The comment about communication fault with the heater tube reminded me of something I read. I have had the Airsense 10 for her for almost 2 months with no problems and love my machine.
But it states to makes sure all wireless devices, including cell phones are at least 6 feet away from the machine. Even when not being used they can transmit to the tower to give there ID.
Post Reply Post Reply
My user guide says to keep mobile devices at least 1m (approx 3 feet) away from the device. However, that is not the problem referred to in the recall as near as I can tell. The problem is internal software to the machine not modem communication. My first machine I also used for about two months until one night suddenly it failed to record 3 hours of sleep and shot thru the max setting. I wish you continued good luck Marthajoy7 with your machine. I'm heading for my fourth since early May.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2015, 04:16 PM)pholynyk Wrote: It looks like somebody got the model numbers wrong on the notice: my AirSense 10 Autoset has 37028 printed on the back, not 37208. I'll be checking with my DME tomorrow, since I'm also not sure what the Class III Hazard Classification means.

Thanks for posting this.

Let us know what your DME had to say. Thanks.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE-
Spoke with my DME today. They had no knowledge of the recall or the particular problem that was the subject of the recall. In any event, no questions asked, they will replace my machine with a new one. It's under warranty. Im thinking if I get the padding for the tube this might eliminate any potential for an electrical shock being misinterpreted by the software as a fault........
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
RE the tubing static electricity fault recall notice:

After emailing ResMed, a rep called me who said that the software fault was repaired by an over the air update (for those who still have the modem connected...) in the Untied States. I then spoke to my DME who said that it was applied over the air in Canada as well. She said they would have called me if it had been necessary to bring my machine in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2015, 03:31 PM)pholynyk Wrote: RE the tubing static electricity fault recall notice:

After emailing ResMed, a rep called me who said that the software fault was repaired by an over the air update (for those who still have the modem connected...) in the Untied States. I then spoke to my DME who said that it was applied over the air in Canada as well. She said they would have called me if it had been necessary to bring my machine in.

I received the same info from my DME today after I sent them the link to the recall. The problem I see, which I have yet to get clarification on, is that it is entirely possible the update occurred while your and my machines were still in their boxes. If so, when would our machines have gotten the update and how? When did ResMed start using new software in their machines? My unit definately did not have the software update because I got the erroneous error message. I'm asking these questions of my DME. Stay tuned.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2015, 09:53 PM)Marthajoy7 Wrote: The comment about communication fault with the heater tube reminded me of something I read. I have had the Airsense 10 for her for almost 2 months with no problems and love my machine.
But it states to makes sure all wireless devices, including cell phones are at least 6 feet away from the machine. Even when not being used they can transmit to the tower to give there ID.

I have never been told to keep my cell phone away from my machine and I have kept my cell on the table next to the machine for almost 2 years now and not had any trouble with the machine. But, I don't have the A10 with a modem attached.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2015, 03:31 PM)pholynyk Wrote: RE the tubing static electricity fault recall notice:

UPDATE

I spoke with Resmed and DME today (new machine in hand) regarding the software update. Both said the software updates automatically when the machine is plugged in. There is nothing that the end user has to do. So, assuming this is in fact the case, that leaves us with no explanation for why these machines malfunctioned the way they did because they supposedly had the latest software updates. If this latest unit malfunctions I think it will be time to abandon ResMed. Perhaps the new dreamstation.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

I joined last night as i'm also having the exact issues as sonicboom. It must be rare as no-one in Australia is reporting it. I have been using the S10 since the 25th August and I've had 4 nights where it hasn't malfunctioned. I'm very keen to find out why as I purchased from the U.S and don't want to send it back for replacement unless necessary.

I'm going to call back into a CPAP supplier today and either purchase some standard or slimline tubing v the climate-line i'm currently using. Or my other option is hire an autoset. I am currently not using the humidifier or heating due to rain out and the tube obstruction message when clearly not blocked. I have my pressure maxed at 7 and like sonicboom when it malfunctions it goes to 10cm. I actually know when mine is about to malfunction as it becomes very audible and then I struggle to breathe.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2015, 11:32 PM)Coola32 Wrote: Hi all,

I joined last night as i'm also having the exact issues as sonicboom. It must be rare as no-one in Australia is reporting it. I have been using the S10 since the 25th August and I've had 4 nights where it hasn't malfunctioned. I'm very keen to find out why as I purchased from the U.S and don't want to send it back for replacement unless necessary.

I'm going to call back into a CPAP supplier today and either purchase some standard or slimline tubing v the climate-line i'm currently using. Or my other option is hire an autoset. I am currently not using the humidifier or heating due to rain out and the tube obstruction message when clearly not blocked. I have my pressure maxed at 7 and like sonicboom when it malfunctions it goes to 10cm. I actually know when mine is about to malfunction as it becomes very audible and then I struggle to breathe.

Welcome aboard Coola. Its nice to know Im not alone. Since my last post I can give you some more info and some ways to deal with the issue. I have spoken with Resmed clinical support. They are asking for me to send in my data card. They want to see why this is happening. They believe it is rainout based and when the tubing is rained out it will exceed the max pressure sensing there is breathing trouble.

The following are the remedies from my experience and in talking with clinical support:

1) if you are in a humid area turn up the tube temp to 85. if you are in a dry area and using A\C the remedy is the same
2) use a tube sock like a snugglehose (available on-line) to wrap the line
3) make sure the tube has a "U" shape to it after it exists the machine so water doesn't reverse back into the machine
4) when you sense the machine is about to malfunction unplug it for about 5 seconds then plug it back in. This will cause a hard re-set and you should then be fine for the rest of the night.
5) i'm also getting a new tube in case the one I have is faulty as it is the only thing in common between the four machines I've had so far.

Keep us posted on anything you learn or figure out on your end. If you can, also call clinical support and see what info you get.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 450 41 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 656 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.