Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask is Annoying!
RE: Mask is Annoying!
'Do It Myself".. that would make me a DIMwit.

Oh my husband is gonna love that!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2015, 11:42 AM)trailrider Wrote: Hello everyone, I started APAP in November, with a F&P nasal mask. Everything should work, but the mask silicone is driving me nuts!

After wearing it for awhile, wherever the silicon sits my skin gets sticky and clammy. Periodically I pull the mask away so the fresh breeze from the respirator cools and dries my face, and then let it go back in place.

I am trying making little cloth covers for the mask as a barrier so my skin can breathe better. Some success, but they slip a bit.

Anyone else have this problem with the silicone?

trailrider,

You also might want to try the Elan Cloth Mask listed in my profile. It is very comfortable and one I was able to stick with after going through several full face masks that didn't work.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2015, 10:24 AM)trailrider Wrote: I may go for the liners. I toss and turn alot, stomach and side sleep, which is why the DME recommended a mask vice pillows. But I am reading up on the forum for others experiences on that.

For info, my AHIs dropped from 36 at the study to 0.7-ish now, so I'm on the right track. Sheepishly, I am realizing how frequently my 10pm bedtime turns into a 12am one (darn books). I guess you actually have to be asleep to get rested!

Thanks all for the welcome.

That's a great response to your CPAP therapy! Congrats! I, too, like to read before bed, 2am comes pretty quickly when I tell myself I'll just read a chapter!

I started CPAP in January with a nose and mouth mask - I just switched to nasal pillows two weeks ago. They are much better but I am struggling with them getting dislodged with I move in my sleep. I'm going to stick with it though and keep working at finding a way to keep them in place.

Good Luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
With nasal pillows, it is aaaalll about hose placement. Get the weight of the hose off the mask and make sure it stays off. Route it up over your head and either hook it over the headboard, or use a hose hook you can purchase, or make one yourself. Just give yourself enough hose to be able to roll over.

Depending on the mask, you can also hook the mask's hose into the headgear and keep it still, too. But some don't work out so well that way. I tried it with the Nuance and it dislodged it worse for me.

So get into bed with the mask on and just toss and turn like you are asleep. Punch the pillow, throw your arms up over your head. Do stuff you think you do in your sleep. See what happens that dislodges the mask and see how you can fix it. Fix it BEFORE you go to sleep.

And when a leak wakes you, try to remember what position you were in when it woke you. Then duplicate it the next day.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The remzzz liners are expensive and didn't work, more of a headache than they are worth
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your advice! I've ordered the Remzzz to try out and the P10. I give each a shot and figure out what will work best. I am shocked (!) at the prices for CPAP things, as well as the extremely wide price variations between vendors (bricks/online/US/Canada/Amazon/OEM).

I feel bloodied from all the price gouging going on!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,208 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,749 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Mask similar to Dreamwear Nasal without the annoying air jet? StaphAttack 8 1,042 07-17-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: factor
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,831 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.