Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

airsense 10 needs a disconnect alarm
airsense 10 needs a disconnect alarm
The hose disconnected from the unit this morning around 5:30 AM and luckily the noise of the blowing air woke me up. If I had been a "hard sleeper" I might have been breathing too much CO2 for an hour or more until I woke up (If I woke up)

...has anyone ever suggested that they put a disconnect beeper on the machine)? Important safety feature! Surely such a smart machine would be able to tell if it was blowing air into the room instead of a tube system?

Oh-jeez
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: airsense 10 needs a disconnect alarm
On my A10, the hose locks (snaps) into the unit. How did yours get disconnected? If it is locked in correctly it would seem like the machine would go with it if you pulled on the tube with the result that the mask would be ripped off your face but the tube would still be locked into the machine.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed machines do have a disconnect alarm which responds to protracted very large leaks. I don't have access to my manuals at the moment, and I've never used it, but it's there. If I recall correctly it's a counterpart to the smartstart feature - you can set one or the other but not both.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2016, 12:18 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Resmed machines do have a disconnect alarm which responds to protracted very large leaks. I don't have access to my manuals at the moment, and I've never used it, but it's there. If I recall correctly it's a counterpart to the smartstart feature - you can set one or the other but not both.

*some* resmed machine have a mask off alarm setting. the bilevels typically do. some (st, st/a, copd) even come with an additional very loud and annoying alarm module snapped onto the side.

the cpap/apap models do NOT have alarm settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks pale... you learn something every day.
Post Reply Post Reply
You would have woken up because you couldn't breathe. Just be sure in future to push the hose all the way in. If your hose end WAS all the way in, then check it for cracks as those will make the hose end looser and more likely to come out fairly easily resulting in your situation. Another option is to get a Hose Buddy or similar. That essentially eliminates movement on the hose at the machine end.

My machine has been pulled off the nightstand a couple of times and hanging by the hose. That's how tight those hoses normally fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2016, 08:46 PM)sonicboom Wrote: On my A10, the hose locks (snaps) into the unit. How did yours get disconnected? If it is locked in correctly it would seem like the machine would go with it if you pulled on the tube with the result that the mask would be ripped off your face but the tube would still be locked into the machine.

I believe that the heated hose type locks, but mine is not a heated hose and it does not lock on.Cool
(03-29-2016, 12:37 AM)palerider Wrote:
(03-29-2016, 12:18 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Resmed machines do have a disconnect alarm which responds to protracted very large leaks. I don't have access to my manuals at the moment, and I've never used it, but it's there. If I recall correctly it's a counterpart to the smartstart feature - you can set one or the other but not both.

*some* resmed machine have a mask off alarm setting. the bilevels typically do. some (st, st/a, copd) even come with an additional very loud and annoying alarm module snapped onto the side.

the cpap/apap models do NOT have alarm settings.

Thanks for the info.
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2016, 08:53 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: You would have woken up because you couldn't breathe. Just be sure in future to push the hose all the way in. If your hose end WAS all the way in, then check it for cracks as those will make the hose end looser and more likely to come out fairly easily resulting in your situation. Another option is to get a Hose Buddy or similar. That essentially eliminates movement on the hose at the machine end.

My machine has been pulled off the nightstand a couple of times and hanging by the hose. That's how tight those hoses normally fit.

Thanks Mosquitobait.
Inspired
Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2016, 05:39 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Thanks pale... you learn something every day.

funnily enough, since all S9 models use the same circuit board, they all have a squeaker on them... just no way to activate it on the cpap/apap models. creaping featurism?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2016, 04:44 PM)palerider Wrote:
(03-29-2016, 05:39 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Thanks pale... you learn something every day.

funnily enough, since all S9 models use the same circuit board, they all have a squeaker on them... just no way to activate it on the cpap/apap models. creaping featurism?

Not unusual at all, just cheaper to make one board to fit them all, and then charge for features enabled by software.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 468 3 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,099 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Alarm Jimboiii 1 272 12-25-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Pulse oximeter with alarm garyhibb 9 1,255 04-13-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: withtao
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,610 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,416 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  [Diagnosis] O2 -OSCAR O2 analysis disconnect HenryECole81 4 647 12-04-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.