Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

airsense 10 needs a disconnect alarm
RE: airsense 10 needs a disconnect alarm
Someone needs to make a smart "CPAP off" alarm device. Takes care of power failure, blower failure, mask leaks, taking the mask off or turning off the machine in your sleep. Optional alarm for long apneas.

Some sort of separate device with an air sensor. When you take your CPAP off, you have a user selectable amount of time before the alarm goes off, so you can allow a potty break. You have to enter some sort of "drunk test" code such that you can't just turn off the CPAP when you're still half asleep. Optional remote shutoff such that you have to get up and walk across the room to shut it off.

Has an armored case option so you can't smash it.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2016, 08:26 PM)archangle Wrote: Someone needs to make a smart "CPAP off" alarm device. Takes care of power failure, blower failure, mask leaks, taking the mask off or turning off the machine in your sleep. Optional alarm for long apneas.

Some sort of separate device with an air sensor. When you take your CPAP off, you have a user selectable amount of time before the alarm goes off, so you can allow a potty break. You have to enter some sort of "drunk test" code such that you can't just turn off the CPAP when you're still half asleep. Optional remote shutoff such that you have to get up and walk across the room to shut it off.

Has an armored case option so you can't smash it.

Isn't that called a significant other?
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
It needs to inject a "wake-up" gas into the intake.

Steve
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2016, 08:33 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: It needs to inject a "wake-up" gas into the intake.

Steve

Thats not hard, you can route the tube through a hookah
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2016, 08:39 PM)FrankNichols Wrote:
(03-29-2016, 08:33 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: It needs to inject a "wake-up" gas into the intake.

Thats not hard, you can route the tube through a hookah

New product:

ResMed AirHead 10 AUTOSHOTGUN, guaranteed 0.0 AHI
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 472 5 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,099 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Alarm Jimboiii 1 272 12-25-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Pulse oximeter with alarm garyhibb 9 1,256 04-13-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: withtao
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,610 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,416 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  [Diagnosis] O2 -OSCAR O2 analysis disconnect HenryECole81 4 647 12-04-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.