Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

airsense autoset vs autoset for her
RE: airsense autoset vs autoset for her
I probably have the upper limit wrong.  Here is the excerpt from the Resmed User's Manual:

Resmed Users Manual Wrote:AutoSet for Her mode
AutoSet for Her mode is based on key aspects of ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm and delivers therapeutic responses tailored to the characteristics of female OSA patients.

The AutoSet for Her is similar to ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm with the following modifications:
• Reduced rate of pressure increments designed to help prevent arousals.
• Slower pressure decays.
• Treats apnoeas up to 12 cm H2O (12 hPa) and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20 cm H2O (20 hPa).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
-snip- posted above.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's looking like I have coverage and I'm going to talk to the clinic here in town about options.  I was shocked to see I hit 14 regularly.  You are so helpful!
Post Reply Post Reply
Where on Canada, it makes a difference.
Ontario health, whatever they are called, has classified the "for Her" model as a CPAP, the "AutoSet" is classified as an APAP and thus, thru the system, the "AutoSet for Her" is cheaper.
Post Reply Post Reply
oh that's funny!  I'm in Alberta.  This is not funded provincially but I have coverage through work (fortunately)
Post Reply Post Reply
Post a screenshot (F12). And ask us then. We should then be able to definitively say if you are using a "for Her" mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
WHY THE RESMED AIRSENSE 10 AUTOSET FOR HER IS IDEAL FOR WOMEN

The For Her model of ResMed’s popular CPAP machine has a more sensitive flow algorithm that picks up Hypopneas/flow limitation better than the standard model. 

Often females have more Hypopneas and flow limitation than Males due to menopause or any hormonal imbalances.
ResMed’s pioneering women-specific algorithm used in the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her works by increasing sensitivity to flow limitation and optimizing the response to these events. By responding to each flow-limited breath, the algorithm helps to provide comfortable therapy for women and does not let the pressure increase dramatically during the detection of these hypopneas/flow-limitation events.
This device is not just for women, however; any patients with sensitive airways or suffering from Asthma, COPD, or Emphysema would also benefit from using the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her algorithm
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a heads-up: the AirSense 11 Autoset also contains a "For her" algorithm. It is available through the Clinical Menu under "Mode."

-Jeff

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2021, 01:32 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Look at the OSCAR Statistics page. In the list of Machine Settings, is the Mode shown as APAP or as "Auto For Her"?

Or, if you can get into the clinician's menu on the machine, the mode setting offers three option: CPAP, APAP, or Auto for Her. Which mode is set?

Will your health insurance cover a replacement machine?

Jumping in to ask a question about the For Her model. I'm one of the many Dreamstation users tired of waiting for news of replacements and losing sleep! So I'm poised to buy a ResMed online (have a new rx to enable me to do so) and trying to decide between the autoset vs autoset for her. If I get the latter and don't feel like the the algorithm works for me, @GuyScarf, you're saying I can set it to the regular mode? In other words, I have nothing to lose by buying the For Her model?

Also, are tubes different sizes on ResMed Autosets vs Dreamstation? If so, can I get an adapter to use my dreamwear masks?

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a choice the For Her model because of the extra mode. Not a big loss if you can only get the AutoSet

Tube sizes and non-heated tubes are universal (set to the size on the machine) they will fit. You will need a new heated hose if you wish as they are unique for each make and model.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,369 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,364 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 130 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 194 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 993 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 206 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 196 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.