Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

airsense autoset vs autoset for her
airsense autoset vs autoset for her
Hello!  I looked but couldn't find the consensus here.

My Autoset 10 for Her is making a buzzing sound which is louder with inhale.  I think there's a motor problem, I don't want to send it in, I'm past the 3 year warrantee, so am looking at a new one.  Thoughts on the Autoset 10 vs the For Her?  The For Her is $300 more in Canada which is crazy to me, I know women pay a lot more for things just because, and I don't want to do that.  I am a woman but really don't feel the need to pay more just because of that.

So is the For Her worth more money?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: airsense autoset vs autoset for her
Do you use the "For Her" mode? If not, your machine is functioning exactly like the AutoSet. If you do use and need the "For Her" mode, well, that answers the question. Of course, the "for Her" machine is light gray with leaves, while the AutoSet is black.

In the U.S., the two machines are usually the same price. If I recall correctly, there is some difference in the way the two models are covered by insurance in Canada, with the "for Her" having the better coverage. I hope someone from Canada can post the relevant details.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much.  I have no idea if I'm using the "for her" settings.  Can I see that with Oscar?  

I don't know if it's because the 11 is coming out but there is a price differential which is odd.
Post Reply Post Reply
According to a YouTube Resmed reviewer, the AS11 will include the "For Her" mode in all Autoset models. There will not be a dedicated model for this mode. The AS11 will have 3 models, Autoset, Elite, and CPAP. ...If you were curious.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!  I wish I could wait....but I can't.  sigh.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the OSCAR Statistics page. In the list of Machine Settings, is the Mode shown as APAP or as "Auto For Her"?

Or, if you can get into the clinician's menu on the machine, the mode setting offers three option: CPAP, APAP, or Auto for Her. Which mode is set?

Will your health insurance cover a replacement machine?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2021, 12:57 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: According to a YouTube Resmed reviewer, the AS11 will include the "For Her" mode in all Autoset models.  There will not be a dedicated model for this mode.  The AS11 will have 3 models, Autoset, Elite, and CPAP.  ...If you were curious.

Wow I thought the "for Her" model was just different decorations. I didn't realize it had different programming. The graph makes it look like it responds sooner but with less of a pressure change. From the Resmed site:

Quote:There is evidence to show that obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) in women is different from OSA in men. Typically, women take longer to fall asleep and have more flow limitations and more frequent arousals during sleep than men. Women with OSA also tend to have fewer and shorter apnoeas or hypopneas, as well as a lower apnoea–hypopnea index (AHI).4 And with nearly 40% of newly diagnosed sleep apnoea patients being women,5it’s important to have a therapy device specifically designed to meet their needs.
The AirSense™ 10 AutoSet for Her contains the first dedicated algorithm designed to treat mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnoea in female patients.

The AirSense™ 10 AutoSet for Her is based on the AutoSet algorithm and is tailored to the characteristics of OSA in women. Research has shown that female patients have greater flow limitation so the AutoSet for Her algorithm is designed to be more sensitive to flow limitation.

There's an image showing the response curve but the forum won't allow a n00b like me to post the image or a link to the site. Google the text.
Post Reply Post Reply
The "For Her" mode is limited in pressure. I think that it only works up to a 10 cm pressure. Any higher and it resorts back to the normal algorithm.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That hasn't been my experience.  Per Oscar, I'm at 14 all the time.

thank you.  I have to say, I often wonder if I fit the typical woman stereotype for these things, I'm almost 6 feet tall and my BMI is 39.  I also breathe fast (16 breaths per minute) and I'm going to talk to an occupational therapist about that.  I don't know if CPAP can help that.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes they will cover a replacement machine, will double check to make sure.  If yes absolutely, then I will order from the brick and mortar store in town here.
 More money but better service.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,343 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,293 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 125 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 188 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 981 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 204 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 180 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.