Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

airsense10 autoset -dreamstation autocpap
airsense10 autoset -dreamstation autocpap
I have two different autocpap that I am testing, a dreamstation autocpap and a resmed autoset airsense10.

I have the same pressure and humidifier values on and the results are totally different, the dreamstation produces a lot of condensation and increases the IAH quite a lot. I think it has to do with Aflex, which I thought is the same as EPR ?. Pressure charts tell me no. What I can do?. Neither the doctor nor the provider are useful, both have told me that neither to touch the machines ...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: airsense10 autoset -dreamstation autocpap
A-flex and EPR are somewhat similar, but not identical. EPR will reduce your pressure by up to 3 cmH2O while you're exhaling until you breathe in again. A-flex will reduce the pressure by roughly that amount briefly when you begin exhaling, and then hold at about 2 cmH2O below prescribed pressure until you breathe in again.

Humidification control is entirely different between manufacturers. You just have to fiddle with something that works for you, and that setting is user-accessible without resort to the clinician menu. Do you have a heated tube for both machines?

For anything more specific, we'll need OSCAR screenshots of your data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Moved this thread from the Software Support Forum to the Main Forum as is it not a Software Support question.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may have to use a slightly higher pressure with the DreamStation.  These machines have different algorithms and detect apnea events differently.  A ResMed machine will react faster than a Respironics machine, thus the possible need for a higher pressure with the DreamStation.

But as stated, to get a more accurate response, we would need to see some data.  A screenshot of the daily page of OSCAR from the two machines would be helpful for comparison.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=20159][attachment=20159]SEcond part of the post:
Reviewing some posts, I see that users of Resmed airsense10 autoset machines have RERA parameters.
I at Resmed do not have RERA, I have a flow limitation, which I suspect is similar. Do I ever use a dreamstation that I don't get used to and I see many RERAS and very wide, 60 and more
How can I make RERA appear in my analysis, using airsense 10 autoset?
I explain why I want to analyze them: I have been diagnosed with a mild SAHOS, 4.5 (in REM phase it is already 12) that is aggravated with a maintenance insomnia and that is partly motivated by the arousal that are very frequent. (112 in polysomnography, plus an awakening of more than two hours in the middle of the night)
I believe, it is a theory of mine that my doctor does not share, that these arousal are motivated by flow limitations and RERA and not so much by IAH.
My dream is not restful at all, I do not get to have a deep sleep, because these continuous alerts prevent me from reaching a phase 3 and 4 of the sleep cycle. So, I wish I could analyze all these episodes, flow limitation, RERA, and all that is possible, but RERA does not appear in my analysis. How can I activate them? As I say, I have seen some graphs of REsmed users that have them, so I imagine it will be possible, but I don't see the way.
Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
From File, go to Preferences and then Events and make sure RERA is checked. Doublecheck on the Daily page at the bottom left side of the graph area to make sure the RERA option is black and green.

But to be honest, I don't think the RERA flags are terribly useful. Still, see what you see and let us know.

For what it's worth, given your set of issues I would recommend using the ResMed machine. It is more nimble and responsive to flow limitations, and its EPR works better for FLs than the Dreamstation Flex, at least in the opinion of many forum members.

There may well come a time when you will need to make adjustments to your settings yourself, but I don't know what the consequences could be in the Spanish medical and insurance system.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems that the newer ResMed machines are capable of showing Rera's, but the older models did not.

With that said, I think you should be more concerned about the amount of Clear Airway events showing up.
If this is the normal for you, you may be on the wrong type machine. Only an ASV machine can address that.

You may want to turn the EPR setting to off to see if that helps with the ClearAirway events.

Both images are of the ResMed, did you have an image of the DreamStation data for comparison?
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
It seems that it is not the solution. RERA is marked in events, BUT it only appears if I import data from the dreamstation card. When I import data with the resmed card, which is the machine I normally use, RERA does not appear. However, in the screenshot I see and that I have sent in my post, the user is loading data from a resmed airsense10 and RERA appears. That's what I mean, how can I see in addition to the flow limitation (this seems specific to resmed at least in my graphics) also RERA, which seems specific to DreamStation or to me only appears in the data imported from DreamStation. The screenshot I've sent corresponds to an airsense 10 and RERA appears, that's what I mean. I can't do it, how to do it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2020, 02:02 PM)OpalRose Wrote: It seems that the newer ResMed machines are capable of showing Rera's, but the older models did not.

With that said, I think you should be more concerned about the amount of Clear Airway events showing up.  
If this is the normal for you, you may be on the wrong type machine.  Only an ASV machine can address that.

You may want to turn the EPR setting to off to see if that helps with the ClearAirway events.

Both images are of the ResMed, did you have an image of the DreamStation data for comparison?
I think I have expressed myself badly, almost certainly, because I use an automatic translator, my command of English is very poor ... I'm sorry. I defend myself reading, but I don't write well. The two images that I have sent are a sample of a post that I have found reading about the flow limitation and the RERA and the central apneas. It's a screenshot I've seen in a post, it's not my data. Maybe what you say about the age of the machine is the other way around? I guess mine is quite current, since September 19. In my Resmed does not appear RERA. Yes there is RERA in my DreamStation, quite a lot, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2020, 04:00 PM)astracan Wrote: It seems that it is not the solution. RERA is marked in events, BUT it only appears if I import data from the dreamstation card. When I import data with the resmed card, which is the machine I normally use, RERA does not appear. However, in the screenshot I see and that I have sent in my post, the user is loading data from a resmed airsense10 and RERA appears. That's what I mean, how can I see in addition to the flow limitation (this seems specific to resmed at least in my graphics) also RERA, which seems specific to DreamStation or to me only appears in the data imported from DreamStation. The screenshot I've sent corresponds to an airsense 10 and RERA appears, that's what I mean. I can't do it, how to do it?

Did you try both of these steps:

1.  From File, go to Preferences and then Events and make sure RERA is checked.

2.  Doublecheck on the Daily page at the bottom left side of the graph area to make sure the RERA option is black and green.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 106 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 650 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 409 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Fixing AirSense10 Air Noise BNB1023 6 2,266 11-01-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 578 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Is there any reason to buy the AirSense 11 when the AirSense10 is still available (an snorin2 4 678 07-27-2023, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Cpapian

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.