Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

airtouch F20
airtouch F20
Last night I used the Resmed airtouch F20 for the 1st time. It fits into the airfit F20 frame so you do not need a new one. It has memory foam and is very comfortable. I switch from side to side while sleeping and usually I get small leaks with the airfit F20, not with the Airtouch. I had no leaks. It can not be washed in the normal way because of the foam, it has to be wiped down. The longevity of it is a concern because of the foam, Resmed suggests replacing it every month. I replace the airfit after 6 or more months so I will just have to wait to see how long the airtouch lasts.

Again, it is VERY COMFORTABLE!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: airtouch F20
like   I agree.  Much more comfortable than the F20.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just ordered this mask today.  I had the F20 with the silicone before but it put too much pressure on my nose giving me headaches.  Does the memory foam do that to your nose?  Also can you use a baby wipe for the memory foam?  I forgot to order the cpap wipes when I placed the order.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unscented baby wipes work well.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
When you use the AirTouch F20 (memory foam), does the foam on your nose compress alot so that is looks smashed (if you looked in a mirror) onto your nose? Or, when hooked to the headgear does the foam basically maintain most of its thickness? I tried it for a minute on my mom and it seemed like the headgear was pulling it really tight and completely compressing the foam.
Post Reply Post Reply
The actual shape is the same as the original F20, the only difference is the seal material, which is more comfortable and some have reported not getting sores from it.

I find the mask works very well and it is very comfortable, but it does tend to pinch the top of my nose, which produces a feeling of congestion.
The mask really works better when worn higher, which relieves the pressure... but in my case, the Medium is just a bit too small to do that and the bottom seal ends up too close to my lip.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
How 'bout an update on how long the memory foam will last.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry AirTouch N20 - digs into cheek - any solutions? Lilaq88 2 611 03-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 343 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 465 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg
  Beard with a full mask AirTouch F20 resmed Slopey 5 1,104 09-09-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: NorthCoastLocal
  Advice on how to clean F20 Airtouch? raptosnorus 4 726 06-30-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.