Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

alaxo stent
Interesting idea I just ran across. A stent that is inserted via a tiny tube thru one nostril and to the throat and then expands to hold the airway open. Would definitely take some getting used to applying this gadget, maybe no worse than netipotting, though.

It *sounds* like it would work for pure OSA and would solve a lot of the issues that can't be overcome with cpap. small too... no traveling issues! I am personally not ready to stuff one of these babies up my nostril to the back of my throat - however, for some it might be a right nice solution!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
AlaxoStent People Wrote:The emotional hurdle of introducing the stent through a nasal passage into the throat is comparable with application of a contact lens to the eye. After education by the doctor and a short training period the patient according to experience can self-apply the stent safely and quickly.

In case of strong gag reflex sensitivity the AlaxoStent may not be the appropriate therapy.

yeah... I don't think it will be for me Big Grin

Nor me. I can't even use a youth-sized boil and bite thing without gagging.

Nope, couldn't do it. I have a very strong gag reflex...just brushing my back teeth can cause me to gag! Shock
You insert this every night and remove it in the morning??

Um, no. Gross. Just setting gag reflex aside, the slime reflex is enough for me, thanks.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Yea it would be a sure fail for me. The only thing going up my nose is my booger hook, and certainly not to the back of my throat Smile

all the same, I really wish I thought I could use it!

I am going to explore this a bit more. I would definitely consider this if it is an option for me.