Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

amaraview leaks and hurts, FF suggestions?
amaraview leaks and hurts, FF suggestions?
Due to my mouth opening at night, I need to use a FF.

The amara view leaks and when I tighten it, it hurts under my nose so I have to remove it after 4-5 hours.

What mask do you suggest that is a FF and isn't too large, and fits well generally with minimal pressure marks ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: amaraview leaks and hurts, FF suggestions?
I recommend the Amara View view. Try loosing the top strap that sits on top of your head so the mask doesn't pushup against your nose.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had problems with the Amara View also. The fix Walla Walla recommends didn't work for me but may for you. If not, the AirFit F20, is very comfortable and I rarely have leaks.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a link on fitting the Amara View. It might help. Just trying to save you a few bucks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp02l4r6Je8
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried off and on for several months to get leaks under control with the Amara View. I finally gave it up as an interesting experiment and moved on to the AirFit F20 with results.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here.
I had a couple of problems with the Amara View, one was getting the proper fit under the nose, at one point, it was like there was a "flap" that was closing over my nostrils when I inhaled.

The biggest problem is one I have with most FFM. I tend to drop my chin when I sleep. This causes the bottom straps to loosen, resulting in leaks around the chin or lower cheeks.
This is something that is hard to manually fit for, because my position when awake, even trying to duplicate the sleeping position, is not the same... it is not relaxed enough, so my jaw/neck position is not the same.

The soft cervical collar has done a decent job not only at addressing mouth leaks, but also at eliminating lower area leaks from the F20. I have not tried the Amara with the collar.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I will probably just order the F20, I have been trying with the amara view for a few months and it just hurts under the nose. It's like my nose is a little too long for the cushion and it feels like it compresses the tip of my nose, and under my nose, and I dislike that.

Thanks for the suggestion for the airfit F20
Post Reply Post Reply
Im new to CPap therapy since November. Ive gone from pillow to nasal and now to Amara full view.  I tried another fullface and the leakage was up to 90.  Im having leakage like you around the mask but my numbers the next morning on the computer show much lower than other masks.  Im adjusting and readjusting hoping to get this right.  Im meeting with the respiratory therapist and see if I can figure this out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried slacking the top strap a bit and tightening the nose a little more, seriously, I am so annoyed that this is squeezing my nose, it's not for me.
Hoping that the airfit will feel better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same issue with the Amara, I tried all sorts but just couldn't get a comfy fit. I have the F20 with a new style exhaust valve and its great, comfortable and my wife can sleep facing me without being blown off the bed like the Quattro used to do lol. Good luck with finding the right one, I tried 4 until I go the right one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 3 107 Yesterday, 01:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  ASV Settings -- looking for suggestions croc297 4 137 04-21-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 12 298 04-20-2024, 02:13 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 617 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 466 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 222 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 390 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.