Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Buying a machine
Angry 
Buying a machine
I'd like to mention my experience with Supplier #2 from the list posted here.

I placed an order for several things, made the appropriate payment and then sat back waiting for my shipment, only to be contacted just now, 4 days later, to be advised that my order cannot be processed unless I pay another $51 in shipping costs. The reason given is that the website checkout isn't capable of processing orders correctly that contain more than one CPAP machine (I ordered a little travel backup as well).

While an additional $51 doesn't sound much, its disappointing to find that there is no integrity in the quoted shipping costs, and no warning message on the website to alert customers, or alternatively a confirmation of full costs and charges before payment must be made.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buying a machine
(04-08-2013, 04:08 PM)sidetwists Wrote: The reason given is that the website checkout isn't capable of processing orders correctly that contain more than one CPAP machine (I ordered a little travel backup as well).
Its unfortunate you have to pay extra for shipping but one can understand their reason which is not unreasonable to pay shipping cost on the second machine. Keep in mind they,re small company operate the business on shoestrings to keep their prices down

I've used them also Supplier #10 and don,t hesitate to recommend them
Both ship Resmed products overseas and find them extremely helpful

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sidetwists,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2013, 04:08 PM)sidetwists Wrote: I'd like to mention my experience with Supplier #2 from the list posted here.
I placed an order for several things, made the appropriate payment and then sat back waiting for my shipment, only to be contacted just now, 4 days later, to be advised that my order cannot be processed unless I pay another $51 in shipping costs. The reason given is that the website checkout isn't capable of processing orders correctly that contain more than one CPAP machine (I ordered a little travel backup as well).
While an additional $51 doesn't sound much, its disappointing to find that there is no integrity in the quoted shipping costs, and no warning message on the website to alert customers, or alternatively a confirmation of full costs and charges before payment must be made.

I have seen dozens of reports here of excellent service from Supplier #2 (including my own experience), and yours is the first negative post.

Have you communicated your displeasure to them? If their website misrepresents then they need to change it.But if you haven't told them they may not be aware of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
(04-08-2013, 08:40 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(04-08-2013, 04:08 PM)sidetwists Wrote: I'd like to mention my experience with Supplier #2 from the list posted here.

I have seen dozens of reports here of excellent service from Supplier #2 (including my own experience), and yours is the first negative post.

Have you communicated your displeasure to them? If their website misrepresents then they need to change it.But if you haven't told them they may not be aware of it.

Yes I have. And have just received a response thanking me for my feedback and advising that they will meet with their operations manager tomorrow to see what can be done to improve this and create a more informed checkout experience for international customers.

Its not the $51 - it is a relatively small increase in relation to overall cost and I would still pay excessively more back here - its being quoted one thing and then told another after placing the order and making payment, and the resulting delay because a new invoice needs to be issued, payment cleared again etc etc. In my book that is misleading and not good business practice. But they're addressing it so its all good.

I just wanted international customers like myself to be aware of this - ensure you are quoted the full cost with all charges before deciding to go ahead with your order. As the company offers free shipping within the US it doesn't affect a lot of people on these boards I'd presume :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2013, 04:08 PM)sidetwists Wrote: I placed an order for several things, made the appropriate payment and then sat back waiting for my shipment, only to be contacted just now, 4 days later, to be advised that my order cannot be processed unless I pay another $51 in shipping costs.

The reason given is that the website checkout isn't capable of processing orders correctly that contain more than one CPAP machine (I ordered a little travel backup as well).

That is just wrong and p*** poor Customer Service making a customer pay for their mistake!

It's not the Customer's fault their website is fubbed up and can't calculate the accurate Shipping Costs!

That really does show a lack of integrity on their part.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,527 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,143 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 818 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,981 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,083 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 638 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.