Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

anomaly32 (Therapy Thread)
RE: Trouble controlling apnea
Yeah, but I was awake during the clusters. Wide awake. How is that I'm having OA while I'm awake but not while I'm asleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP's, all varieties, do not detect sleep, thus all events the machine assumes are real.

Set PS = 2, again to avoid CA events

You need to get a collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll suggest to you as I did another member looking for a collar, look up Corflex Ultra Cervical Collar. These are custom built as I recall and seem to serve well those that use it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I didn't change anything from the night before. I slept all night. It really seems strange that I have hardly any events as long as I stay asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a cervical collar and wore it the last 2 nights. The first night I used the machine, and my AHI was 1.2. Then last night, I just used the collar without the machine, and my AHI was 2.1. So it seems that my apnea all along has been positional! Thank you thank you, everyone who posted. I never would have figured this out without you. I'm still flabbergasted!
Post Reply Post Reply
How did you measure your AHI without using the machine?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a pulse oximeter that records overnight and gives a report. The number of events isn't exactly the same as AHI, but it's always been pretty close to the number the machine gives.
Post Reply Post Reply
Aerophagia

I've been doing really well with the soft cervical collar and BiPAP machine for the last week or so. AHI always under 1, starting to feel like a normal person instead a zombie. However, just in the last 3 nights, the aerophagia has gotten bad again. I haven't changed anything, so I'm not sure what's going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: anomaly32 (Therapy Thread)
anomaly32,
I've merged your latest thread (Aerophagia) with your previous thread.  

This way, members that want to advise can see what has been suggested prior.  This can make a difference when dealing with Aerophagia.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: anomaly32 (Therapy Thread)

I am still having trouble with aerophagia. I'm waking up with acid in my throat and my stomach full of air. It's not every night, and I can't find a pattern. I've tried taping my mouth, but it still happens. I've tried not eating after dinnertime, but it's actually been worse when I've tried that. I'm at a loss for what else to do. It was really bad last night though, so I'm reaching out here for suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 77 1,428 1 hour ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 40 1,216 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MaggieL
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 3 167 Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Last Post: joedes
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 75 1,582 Yesterday, 10:01 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 2 79 04-21-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 123 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,449 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.