Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

another puffy eye thread
another puffy eye thread
since starting my cpap on Nov 8 (2 weeks now... ) I have been experiencing really puffy eyes. I have read several threads on here about causes etc, and some say that the issue improves over time - i hope that is true!!! Seems to me there is several contributing factors and that all of them are probably issues for me.
  1. Sinus irritation
  2. Cool air from mask vents/leaks
  3. Lymph drainage issues with mask straps
  4. Water retention from the hormonal changes (ANH/Vasopressin balance - *fantastic* thread on ANH and apnea on this forum!!!)

I *have* found a couple of things that help... 1st is an eye cream containing caffeine. Really helps with water retention primarily, I think. 2nd is lymph drainage massage for the eyes such as shown here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z3VUi3wqWw

and of course, antihistamine, for any allergy to help with the sinus stuff...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: another puffy eye thread
I was having a lot of trouble with that because I run 15-19cm and the pressure was building up in the sinuses behind my eye sockets.
I was able to fix that by going to a total face mask design: FitLife
since the Fitlife also covers the eyes as well, the pressure inside the sinuses is then equal to the pressure on the external eye surfaces and no irritation occurs.
I was wondering if that might be giving you trouble as well.

I just put a light coating of water/baby shampoo inside the mask to keep it from fogging up.

No more tears!

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm having the puffy eyes as well and I am using the AirFit F10 face mask. If it's air blowing on me that is causing the puffiness, it must be coming from the tubing. Any suggestions on keeping that air from blowing on a person?

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I don't wish Glaucoma on anyone - but the drop I use to treat mine seem to lower my eye pressure enough so that the blow-by is only a minor issue.

As I say, I don't recommend my solution.

Using a nasal pillow like the Nuance or Pilairo or A10 seems to limit the air into my eyes.

Using an N10 was impossible - vented directly into my eyes. The Wisp, though seems to not vent upwards much at all.

One day I will have to find a FFM that works, but for now, those of you with eye issues might consider these 2 masks.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I just switched from the P10 to Dreamware, and after 3 days, have really puffy eyes.. I guess the leakage is a little worse ? Can't go on this way. Sleeping much better with the Dreamware, but considering switching back. Any thoughts ?
Post Reply Post Reply
what do leaks look like on your software?
you can try an eyemask
or the P10 with a different sized pillow

not sure what you have tried already....
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,057 10 hours ago
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,257 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 950 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,193 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,572 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 514 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 230 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.