Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

any Airsense ability to integrate oximeter?
any Airsense ability to integrate oximeter?
Hello - Couple of questions. Is the "overnight" sleep test equipment available for purchase? This seems to provide oximeter readings along with breathing data. 2-Is there any way to "hookup" an oximeter to a Airsense 10 and collect the data on the chip? Any help on this is appreciated. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: any Airsense ability to integrate oximeter?
only if you have buckets of money sitting around getting under your feet.

much better to purchase the cms50i for a tenth of the prices on the chinese version of amazon and use that, plus since it's wrist mounted, you don't have another cord to risk getting strangled by during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi kelpforest,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2016, 09:45 PM)palerider Wrote: only if you have buckets of money sitting around getting under your feet.

much better to purchase the cms50i for a tenth of the prices on the chinese version of amazon and use that, plus since it's wrist mounted, you don't have another cord to risk getting strangled by during the night.

Well, thank you and I will research the cms50i. This whole apnea "fixit" thing seems outrageously expensive when all we're doing is recording our own data just like a fitbit does. Sensors and our own personnel data collection should not be under a doctors care or some medical equipment providers business plan. But, as you suggest if there is a way I'll find it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2016, 11:01 PM)kelpforest Wrote:
(03-28-2016, 09:45 PM)palerider Wrote: only if you have buckets of money sitting around getting under your feet.

Well, thank you and I will research the cms50i. This whole apnea "fixit" thing seems outrageously expensive when all we're doing is recording our own data just like a fitbit does. Sensors and our own personnel data collection should not be under a doctors care or some medical equipment providers business plan. But, as you suggest if there is a way I'll find it.

I understand your frustration completely, but there is a difference here, FitBit is NOT a medical device which carries a lot of important baggage which certifies that is passes certain accuracy, safety and reliability standards.

CMS50i is a good alternative to the ResMed equivalent, whether the ResMed is worth the extra price is certainly debatable.

I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you as it is great to be here among others who share the same concerns.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's funny - Don't play a doctor on TV! You bring up some very good points that I didn't mention. First I had snoring surgery after an overnight take-home test. Then after surgery a sleep lab overnight test with bout 62 events per hour. Now down to 0.3 to 2.2 depending... and I'm an engineer. I really like the whole concept of discovering apnea and then fixing it as best as possible and love my CPAP.

My quest in my original question is to correlate my oxygen level along with the event monitoring Airsence 10 provides and be able to merge the oximeter data on my computer-for me. So for the moment cost isn't even a factor because I first need to know what devices I need and how to correlate the data. Then I'll work on reducing the cost.

The error rate or margin is like horseshoes-close is good enough! Example: If my home VAC is between 110 and 120 I'm OK with that. If I need exactly 115 I'll get a line conditioner- am I making sense? I've tried to find the overnight test device and it seems "locked-up" by the medical community for some reason? I just want to know who makes them and fundamentally how they work.

If I throw some devices together that monitor within 5-7% of actual values say measured by an HP or Tektronix lab equipment I'd be really happy. Bottom line is it's my (our) data same as a fitbit. It's data not medicine. We should have every right to record our data just like we do blood pressure, movement and pedometer steps. So any devices or companies that make such equipment that I can research would be helpful to start.

My supplying better data over longer (than one night stands) time gives my doctor evidence he needs to help me (and anyone else) improve. Thank you in advance for your help. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
you can upload the data from the cms50i into sleepyhead Wink

SH will even (thanks to a suggestion I made) set the clock on the cms50i so they'll be very closely in sync.
Post Reply Post Reply
KelpForest,

Like you, I'm an Engineer too and have been down this same path. I have the ResMed AirSense 10 and the Oximeter kit that interfaces with it is ResMed's 370004. As others have mentioned it is obnoxiously expensive > $800 US. The interface module can be picked up for under $200 and I'm checking to see what oximeter/pulse can be hooked up to this.

Breather easy buddy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,214 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.