Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

any benefit of narrowing pressure ranges
any benefit of narrowing pressure ranges
In the months of August and September, I used my airsense 10, with nasal pillows, with a pressure range of 5-20, and 10 min ramp. My numbers were about the same:

AI= 5.7
AHI= 7.2
Central=5.2

median pressure of 8.4 and max pressure of 12

I narrowed the pressure range to 7-14 for the entire month of October in an effort to reduce my centrals and the numbers were:

AI=6.5
AHI=7.5
Central=4.5

median pressure was 9.5 and max pressure was 12.1

Though the central had a slight decrease, my AI increased and so did my median pressure. is there really any benefit to narrowing the pressure ranges down??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: any benefit of narrowing pressure ranges
I suggest you start nudging the min pressure up. you Will acomplish more on the low side of therange than the high side
Post Reply Post Reply
The majority of AHI events are centrals, you don't treat centrals with pressure increase
Some medication and heart conditions may cause central apnea in some people

Does the machine report any % time in CSR

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2015, 12:25 AM)zonk Wrote: The majority of AHI events are centrals, you don't treat centrals with pressure increase
Some medication and heart conditions may cause central apnea in some people

Does the machine report any % time in CSR

That is conventional wisdom.
However i began having more centrals than oa.
Tapped the pressure up a bit and they were gone. And stayed gone.
One of my friends also was having almost all ca ,bumped up a bit and they dissappeared.
Both of us have had infarctions years ago.
Neither of us showed ca in sleep study.
Looking at his and my waveforms the machine was scoring ca when thetre was actvity in the apnea . Should have flagged oa.
Two different machines. Wifes mis flags some ca as well.
I personally dont think the machines are all that when it comes to scoring ca, and tend to flag oa that have some very reduced air flow as ca because the pulse sent out doesnt register a blocked airway..
That is why i tried the pressure bump first. Then him. Worked for us both.
The fact the OPs centrals decreased when mun was upped to 7 indicates that is whats happening. And why i suggested nudging it up a tad more slowly.
Can always back it down on the min if the ca get worse and dont settle and go away.
I think her machine is false flagging centrals, which Resmed and PR machines will do under the right circumstances.
Post Reply Post Reply
My CA events appear related to pressure increases, but not necessarily higher pressure. So, I'm running in straight CPAP mode.
Post Reply Post Reply

Nice thing about this forum is you become knowledgeable about the equipment and how you you respond to the many experiments we can try. Go slow for now but slight changes can tweak the therapy results.

I'm another who saw better results on a steady pressure and experimenting with EPR choices.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2015, 02:09 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: That is conventional wisdom.
I wasn't referring to your comments, just in general

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Could I benefit from going to BiPap VAuto? vinhuard 29 1,686 01-31-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: vinhuard
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,648 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 925 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 648 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,559 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  [Supposed UARS] No benefit from APAP after 3 weeks, continue to increase pressure? SteveIsTired22 7 903 10-10-2022, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Diagnosis] Would I benefit from an ASV? Sleepy Willy 21 2,306 05-15-2022, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.